Case Studies (1 Viewer)

Tegan_K

Hey, what case studies did everyone do? Did anyone do My Lei Thi?>;) :argue: :argue: :apig: :apig:

jaNetix

i dont even kno wat that is!

we did one on representations of the crucifixion over time...- hardly use this!
one on jenny holzer and barbera kruger...very good
im doin frida kahlo on my own...
and i did a huge assessment on surrealism...
but ours wernt really defined....i juz kinda learn as much as possible...and pull out wateva for the exams....

allyteaded

Ooh, that's an interesting one: representation of the crucifix over time.

I've done one on Michael Leunig, soemthing about museums and galleries, and one on Monet. They're related to my BOW. I also wrote about Kenji Yanobe on my Trial (Got 100! Yippee!!) because his work is so cool... yeah.

I realised I don't have female artists... eh... bah...

GillyBean

I've done -
Barbara Kruger, Michelangelo, Max Beckmann, Francisco Goya, Jeff Koons, Alexander Calder, Oldenberg and.... um... oh yeah Ian McKay.

tash

lalalala
HSC
we did postmodernism (cindy sherman, anne zahalka, yasumasa morimura), the figure in western/postmodern/contemporary art and in sculpture, exhibitions, postmodern forms of art (installation, performance, body, site-specific, etc) and something on the physicality of an artwork- to do with different materials and mediums and the development of them + artists to do with each of those things

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i did a few... ermm, postmodernism (can't remember the specifics), the female form in art, new british art, and then some more...

if i find them, do you want me to upload them?

spam police

• contemporary australian photography (tracey moffatt, anne zahalka, robyn stacey, bill henson (umm many others too)
  • modernism and modernity (marcel duchamp, the cubists, surrealists, basically a huge overview of the modernism era)
  • structural symbols in western art

the second case study could have been broken up into about 3 though, because we spent about two terms on it.

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by saladsurgery
if i find them, do you want me to upload them?
I'd like that very much. We touched up upon postmodernism but not enough I think.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
here's the better end of my stuff:

http://sldsrgry.eb55-au.com

click around a bit, theres a directory with a few art notes in it

i reccomend the modernism timeline and case study, the first bit has an alright (i think) summary of some modernist art movements

spam police

Originally posted by Tegan_K
Hey, what case studies did everyone do? Did anyone do My Lei Thi?>;) :argue: :argue: :apig: :apig:
HEYYY, uts gallery had an exhibition of my lei thi, but unfortunately i realised this yesterday and it finished last week :( even though i walk past the fucking gallery every day!

MrMiK

well i cant remember doin many case studies.. tho i kno i must hav..
so atm i only remember the traditional Titian / Michelangelo / Manet mix...
i wana shove some Balla, and Malevich in the essay tho.. cuz i like their work.

Sugarplum

I did damien hirst, chris ofili, cindy sherman,barbara kruger, anne zahalka,sesshu toyo, frida kahlo..
so im hoping for a good frames question so i can jsut bein in these artists and talk about their social identity , symbolism etc.

tegs

Gorden Bennett, Frida Kahlo, Howard Arkley, George Gittoes, Wendy Sharpe, and Digital Art and it's value.

dieselboi

hello!
we have done Brett Whitley, Frida Kahlo, representation of the female nude figure, Rembrandt, Artemisia Gentileschi, Fredrick McCubbin, listening material about Elizabeth Gower's artmaking practice. I have also done assignments on the Fauvist movement and also Janet Laurence in relation to the importance of materials and site specificity to postmodernism. For my exam i have researched my own material, i.e The Neo Tokyo exhibition at the MCA and Kenji Yanobe's works within that particular exhibition.
i hope i do well! good luck everyone!!!!!!!
you'll all be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)