case studies (1 Viewer)

Michiru

HSC
hey
what are all of you guys doing for your two ecosystem case studies?

my school is doing antarctica and wetlands

elisabeth

HSC
We're doing Kosciuzsko National Park as an example of an alpine ecosystem and the Great Barrier reef as an example of coral reefs.

Should be ok, all we did last year was KNP. Antartica sounds interesting though. Did you study one of them last year?

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
We're doing Rainforsts and Alpine regions.

In the next two weeks i'm going to make available my notes on Rainforest with the headings from the Global Interactions Book.

Does any one wish to share.

Michiru

HSC
Should be ok, all we did last year was KNP. Antartica sounds interesting though. Did you study one of them last year?
yea..we've done antarctica for as long as i can remember. our teacher's got a whole folder full of antarctica releated media articles, some dating back quite a while.

i should probably make notes..been procastinatin on that...eek..

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
sorry, but... are we supposed to know what case studies were doing?? because i have not a clue. I dont know a THING about whats in the syllabus or anything. i think ive stumbled onto the fact that theres 3 (?) topics: something about economics (for which i am doing tourism), something about ecosystems, and something about urban places. Is this right?? are there more?? are there supposed to be case studies for each?? what about field work? i dont have a CLUE. please tell me the basics. (i do geography by correspondence, which would explain some of my ignorance)

elisabeth

HSC
starbaaa said:
sorry, but... are we supposed to know what case studies were doing?? because i have not a clue. I dont know a THING about whats in the syllabus or anything. i think ive stumbled onto the fact that theres 3 (?) topics: something about economics (for which i am doing tourism), something about ecosystems, and something about urban places. Is this right?? are there more?? are there supposed to be case studies for each?? what about field work? i dont have a CLUE. please tell me the basics. (i do geography by correspondence, which would explain some of my ignorance)
Go on the BoS (official) website and download the syllabus, it's got all the dot points, should make everything clearer. if your course isn't well structured, at least you'll know what you're meant to be learning and can make your own notes.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I tried to upload the casestudy but it's too big apparently.

I'll upload it to the boredofstudies main page.

Lil Clutch

HSC
yeah my class (of 10-hehe) is doing great barrier reef and fraser island. we have to compile our own notes over the hols. its so cool to see so many ppl doing geo- it gets put down alot at school! i didnt actually choose to do it, i picked french and the class collapsed becasue i was the only one who wanted to do it! and there was geo or eco left, i pikced geo. pretty ok course. alot of content. but ive got a good class and a great teacher- like he always cracks jokes and stuff, makes the class interesting- as do we! hehe. :eek:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
starbaaa said:
the syllabus has different case studies in it. whoever your correspondance supervisor is should have told you what your case studies are. i did rainforsets and coral reefs. you MUST hjave case studies. this is most important

Michiru

HSC
you should follow the syllabus as close as you can. my chem teacher says that the syllabus should like your second bible. if you can, get your hands on the Macmillian Senior Geography book. its pretty good and it follows the course pretty closely in chronological order. and as always, have no fear, there's always bos ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)