Castle hill rta (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
soo i go for red p's in a month and i'm going to castle hill rta. I heard its really hard there? does anyone have any tips ?

HSC
I know people who have passed and failed there.

Just make sure you are careful around round-a-bouts, and that you don't hit anything while reverse-parking.

Also, it might be worth getting an instructor to take you around the area.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
If you're turning right off showground into carrington, stay behind the lines and don't assume u get the green arrow... I did and was halfway across the lines when the lights went amber, and there were trucks and crap coming through even after lights went red...so i had no chance to turn so stayed where i was and failed

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
if you aren't able to do pass your test at a "hard" rta then you are not ready to get your licence.
having said that, the rta is in the castle hill industrial area which has numerous large roundabouts, wide roads with cars parked on each side, cars constantly entering/exiting driveways, and it is pretty much constantly busy. i'm not too familiar with the routes they take you on. staying at a sensible speed is your main priority. afaik there are no school zones in the area. if they take you out onto windsor road, remember that a good deal of it is 60kmh

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I passed first time there. My friend gave me the best tip which really was what did it for me-

On Showground Road, when you come out near the traffic lights, don't be impatient. The rule is you need TWO lanes free before you can come out, so don't get impatient and rush out. Just wait until there's a gap or the traffic lights turn red (to stop the oncoming traffic) before you come out.

I thought I failed on a roundabout because I waited, went in, and then suddenly a car popped out of nowhere. But instead of continuing to enter the roundabout, I stopped just crossing the entry point but not enoughso to stop the other car going through. It's a penalty, but not a fail. So it's all good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)