Catholic trial (1 Viewer)

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
People hate it when you end your story with "it was a dream" etc. and also if you have evil twins in your story. Seriously...

We did the Catholic trial, the essay for Section 3 was general so that was good; just take your prepared essay and add in "leads to understanding" several times. Section 2 I had a fair idea of a story but it turned out shit, which was the general consensus for the rest of my grade. Wrote about 2 pages.

The comprehensions were ok but I didn't like the contrast question.

Paper 2 will be a *lot* worse. Know nothing about BNW/BR or Lear.

J

jhakka

I was going to write a story where I consider the pointlessness of my life before slashing my wrists after realising that I'm a vampire and an artist trapped in a mortal body... but then decided not to.

J

jhakka

My teacher told our class to stay away from teen angst, as it's cliched and stupid.

superbird

HSC
Word of advice, don't listen to what your teachers tell you. Just do what's best for you.

Melody

HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity, what else was on your teacher's list of things not to do?

J

jhakka

-Keep away from using swearing unless it adds to meaning.
-Don't use colloquial language unless it's necessary, as it doesn't always appeal to a wider audience. Your audience is essentially the markers.

And so on.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
jhakka said:
My teacher told our class to stay away from teen angst, as it's cliched and stupid.
nooooooooooooo, my story was on Teen Angst, 8 bloody pages of it, i know, cliched, but i threw in some unrequited love and a suicide attempt...pull those heart strings.

i stuffed up Section 3, i wrote "understanding" about 50 times, and didnt really get into what the inner journey was, and i ran out of time. I'm dredding paper 2

superbird

HSC
townie said:
nooooooooooooo, my story was on Teen Angst, 8 bloody pages of it, i know, cliched, but i threw in some unrequited love and a suicide attempt...pull those heart strings.
Hey, I wouldn't worry too much if its on teen angst. 8 pages is really good! So im sure you'll get good marks. I don't believe the question was assessing you on creativity anyway, mainly on your understanding of journeys.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
how were we spose to integrate the image/ quotes from the next page in section 2, into our journal entries, were we spose to refer to it, start off with it, include it as some sort of theme?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
superbird said:
Hey, I wouldn't worry too much if its on teen angst. 8 pages is really good! So im sure you'll get good marks. I don't believe the question was assessing you on creativity anyway, mainly on your understanding of journeys.
Thanks, I hope so.
luckilly I've got all of 2morow to study for Paper 2

Melody

HSC
N/A
townie said:
luckilly I've got all of 2morow to study for Paper 2
How did you get away without having RE tomoz? Don't do it or have school moved around?

superbird

HSC
Basically my journal entries weren't original but I don't care, really got stuck for creative ideas at the time.
Basically its about a guy who is on a plane trip to the US then goes to Europe - a trip around the world.
I mentioned "Are we there yet?" a few times and thats how I related to the quote which I chose.
I related to journeys by talking about mans monumental achievements such as Eiffel Tower, Hoover Dam and my trip to the Grand Canyon when I was climbing it etc. I know pretty lame LOL!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Melody said:
How did you get away without having RE tomoz? Don't do it or have school moved around?
The wonders of Catholic Studies....it's saved my life, it is the bludgiest subject on the planet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)