CELLISTS Unite! (fine then.. Stringers unite.) (1 Viewer)

steban

violin dude
HSC
hey hey

violinist and violist here!! future cellist as well, as soon as i complete LmusA piano im to be able to start on de cello yayay, i want to conquer all string instruments!!....except double bass it dosent fancy me....., and i gave up on guitar = =

hoping to join a couple orchestras. iv only played for 2 ish years but iv conquered Summer of the Four seasons, which is as an AmusA level so that is quite an accomplishment.

Now a Music 2 student who will move onto extension.

cmckie

HSC
HI!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!! ITS A MIRACLE!! another string player!
yay!! its so cool ur gonna learn the cello!!
u wanna be a violinist?! thats so cool, do u know where u wanna go for uni!?
I wanna be a cellist and do heaps of orchrestral stuff when I'm older!
you should chat to Bunny04, she goes to the sydney con, and knows lots of violin things too :)
do u have have any friends at your school or anything that play the cello?

:wave:HEY BUNNY, WE ARENT ALONE HERE ANYMORE!!!!:wave:

yay for cellos!!

steban

violin dude
HSC
lollerz, hmm, i DID have stringer friends, but all left school = =, one got into the con, she was a pro cellist its liek WOW (name is eslee), she is just amazing, A+ for her 8th Grade exam i think thats outstanding. buy yeah...

i am a violinist actually...i have applied for state music camp ahaha, ill see if i can get in, last time i applied for piano, which is liek impossible to get into. so yeah, this time i applied for violin, which is a much smarter move lollerz, and ill see if i can get a taste of the orchestra, cause iv never been in an environment where other people have a similar musical background and knowledge as mine(not tryin to sound up-my-self or anythin), cause usually when i perform, they like...dont know what they are doing and sumtimes its stressful to play with them, i love performing with people who like..are easier to work with and know what they are going ahahhaa, so im excited for this camp...if i get in woot.

the cello career im not sure of but i really wanna start, i love the cello, the best sounding instrument ever, violin has its pros but sumtimes its rather annoying, the cello is soo relaxing i just love the warm tone, my viola is pretty dodgy though, maybe if i had a quality one lolz.

ill just note this randomly, i LOVE violin strings and brands, i dunno why, i think i spent like the whole of last year researching on the best violin strings ahaha. freak i know= =. in the end pirastro rocks my socks, GO OBLIGATO!!

so yeah, enough from me, future cellist here!, but still a violin loverrerer

cmckie

HSC
Rostropovich died!! I cant believe it, its so sad!! I knew he was sick and everything, but its still such a shock. :(
He was such a huge influence to so many cellists.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i play the viola, its the most beautiful instrument :)

my sis has this mean joke about violas
' what's the difference between a trampoline and a viola?'
' with a viola u put ur shoes on to jump on it.'

bahahahaha :sleep:

another gr8 place to go strings wise is Sydney Strings --> has EVERYTHING strings wise and that guy who works there looks like bilbo baggins from LOTR

cmckie

HSC
lol, yeah my brother plays the viola too! it is a nice instrument..nearly as good as the cello :p I bought my cello from the Strings Centre, I definatley agree about the lord of the rings comment, he's a nice guy tho, sold me my cello. :)

just is

HSC
hey there!
i play cello too.......nd im doing it for my HSC!!
i have picked most of my pieces, but still hav to pick one more classical piece and one more ext piece!

does anyone have any ideas for a classical piece, prefferably a slow, short one to contrast my other classical piece?? (i hav only dun my amus, so nothing 2 hard)

wat did the other cellists on here play 4 their hsc???

Is ;)

tazzidevil

HSC
Hey
I'm a violinist, have been playing since i was six, (now 17) unfortunately had a sucky teacher for a while (she even tried to steal my violin and say it was hers lol) so I'm only sixth grade. Doing music for my HSC, playing violin, and i am actually trying to learn Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits on violin instead of guitar. I reckon it would sound mad, but would like a second opinion. I'm also not sure whether I should change it drastically so it doesn;t seem like I'm trying to rip off the guitar and failing lol. Help please. All opinions valued. :)

lightning101

HSC
N/A
lol im sorry i cant suggest anything on the 'sultans'.....but i do have problem myself....im a classical violinist who needs to do a piece for small ensembles...only problem is that everyone else does hard-core rock. i could get my violin teacher to back me up, but he tends to show off whenever he performs......any suggestions on pieces i could play with backups of drums/guitars/or even a cello and guitar, would be greatly appreciated :):)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
i play viola! which is obviously better than violins :p (although ive never played one)
although i have to say cello's are nice. i want a cello.
ive only learnt for 1.5 years though, so maybe ill stick at viola a little longer before i get to cello.

ggah doing 6th grade exam in..19 days. cant do double stop scales for anything in the world.

__moonriver

HSC
Ouch, be careful what you say about the guitar... I play the classical guitar and am in love with it. We get blisters on our fingers, have to buff the nails on our right hand every day and do wild stretches that put us at risk of tendonitis. Please don't undermine our pain!

Also, I'd advise you to actually listen to a GOOD classical guitarist before judging. The annoying pop-rockers who use heavy distortion don't do us justice at all and don't even count.

Salem O'Brien

HSC
I'm a cellist been playing 4 bout 9 yrs, theres so few of us around :(

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
Not really. Just gotta look at the right places. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)