Centrelink Bashing. (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
i moved 400km from home to my job and paid bond rent etc. get a job first. then mooooove
I'd kind of need the money to move in the first place? I have nothing in savings and after expenses have $20 left over for the fortnight?

How am I going to afford to move?

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
you can get assistance from the government to cover rental bonds

rent is not a moving cost

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
rural australia is gr8 to work in
proven less stress

i leave work at 4:30 and am home by 4:35 (lol u suckers on the m4 etc)

regional centres such as wagga griffith etc have every job the city has, with a much better lifestyle

ur all suckas

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
rural australia is gr8 to work in
proven less stress

i leave work at 4:30 and am home by 4:35 (lol u suckers on the m4 etc)

regional centres such as wagga griffith etc have every job the city has, with a much better lifestyle

ur all suckas
Though I prefer the stress and faster life style...

The country is just boring lol.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
secure suitable accommodation in your price range

save $20 per fortnight until you can afford a bus ticket to your new home

catch bus

voila you have moved

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
in conclusion you are by no means stuck in this purported wasteland of unemployment

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah get some better qualifications, maybe go get a degree from uni if you want and try to find some work in the city. You could do one of those cafe courses and centrelink will pay for you, if you have a full licence maybe do a taxi course, again free.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
Yeah get some better qualifications, maybe go get a degree from uni if you want and try to find some work in the city. You could do one of those cafe courses and centrelink will pay for you, if you have a full licence maybe do a taxi course, again free.
okay thats a little simplistic and naive lol

Otacon2009

HSC
What I can't stand about Centrelink is that they are inconsistent. In the early days of my Youth Allowance, I would report in person so there is none of this "I said, they said" BS that happens during an appeal. One report, it was "Heres my payslips", no questions asked. Next report, sometimes the same person, I get told my payslips are invalid because it was just a tad out of synch and (this is true) tell them to alter my pay. Can anyone realistically expect a lowly ranked checkout operator to order their company to alter the entire pay schedule for me only? It could work at a corner shop, but not at Woolworths. So I've done it online since then.

Also, I made an error in my rent declaration that meant I was making losses instead of them and they were ready to throw the book at me. I hope never to set foot in there for as long as possible. I've actually got an appeals letter written for tomorrow's report as it could be my last for awhile.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i had a massive debt to centrelink because i was reporting incorrectly and so they overpaid me. their pay weeks don't line up with anyone elses so that i have always essentially been reporting what i have been paid before i actually get any money landed into my account. when i called up the office to sort out my debt repayments, the response was "oh don't worry, 40% of students go through this exact problem"

:/

oh and they cut off my payments twice because of a typo in my allowed time to complete my double degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)