centroids (1 Viewer)

a-n-d-r-e-w

HSC
There are a few questions to do with centroids which are driving me nuts and i cant seem to get the answer. If anyone can give me some hints and tips for solving these problems and/ or solve these problems for me it would be greatly appreciated.

the document is attached

Uncle

Banned
HSC
If you are doing CVEN1300 you don't need to find centroids of complex areas defined by functions.
The most important one is the one for a rectangle which is bd3/12 and is easy to remember and used extensively in 2nd year Mechanics of Solids.

The lecturer will ask better questions like trusses, fluid statics, etc. than finding centroids using integration in the exam.
You will be taught how to calculate centroids and moment of inertia of areas defined by functions in MATH2019.

BOS is being fucking shit with its lag, but I can link you to a thread on how moment of inertia is calculated.
The integration formula for the x-coordinate of the centroid is similar but it doesn't have the squared term,
it has ∫∫ y dA instead of ∫∫ y2 dA.

Take a look how its done:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...le-engineering-q-i-wan-u-engineers-solve.html

Must be beyond your 1st year mathematical knowledge, even your tutors will likely use double integration and convert to polar coordinates, etc. so don't worry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)