CFS IRP help..?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi..
I'm in year 11 this year and I am studying CFS in the prelim course and most probably thru to the hsc course next year. I have heard about the IRP that we have to complete next year, but I'm not really sure what it is, what it involves, and what type of areas we can study, and also when it is completed. It would be great if you could give me some idea on the answers to these questions!

You're help would be greatly appreciated!

Tegan, year 11 :uhhuh:

HSC
thanks
more help would be appreciated. for eg, has anyone already done an IRP in previous years?? what did you do it on, how did you find it, what should i expect??

miiz laura

HSC
stolenhotelpen said:
thanks
more help would be appreciated. for eg, has anyone already done an IRP in previous years?? what did you do it on, how did you find it, what should i expect??
hi... i do CAFS and just finishing my IRP tonight it is due tomorrow... you shuld expect alot of work (30 pages) i need myn on the wellbeing of patients and children of IVF and it was really hard!!! another topic shuld be easier... something to do with sole parents and their wellbeing!

hope i was some help!!

Natasha.1990

HSC
I have already done my CAFS assignment for the HSC, Yes it is alot of work like other people have said. You can do it on anything to do with the HSC or prelim course. It involves you going out and getting the information you need for the topic you are researching using the methodologies.
It may seem hard when you first start but when you get into it it is really not that hard.

hannahblah

HSC
Hey, i completed my IRP at the beginning of this term, and as everyone else has said its research project that entails looking into a topic of your own choice that will eventually solve a hypothesis that you make at the beginning of the project. best tip in doing this that i can give you is do something that youre interested in and can get surveys done from, or else itll be really hard. have fun with it

becs1991

HSC
Hey i am jus begin my IRP
i have decided to do 'the degree of parenting and careering in raising a special needs child' and have found it a really hard topic to start

Kloe-B

HSC
Hi

I have just started doing my IRP and my topic is "The effects of society’s opinions on teenage pregnancies."

If anyone has done anything similar to this or has anything that could help me it would be greatly appreciated

trishedwick

hates the hsc
HSC
I'm doing mine right now.
it is a lot of work
seriously
make sure you dont leave it to the last minute!!!!!
i have a week to go
and im still stressing
my topic is cyberbullying
and its going alright but all i can say is
DO IT ALL ASAP
as soon as you get it,
JUST DO IT!

HSC
trishedwick said:
I'm doing mine right now.
it is a lot of work
seriously
make sure you dont leave it to the last minute!!!!!
i have a week to go
and im still stressing
my topic is cyberbullying
and its going alright but all i can say is
DO IT ALL ASAP
as soon as you get it,
JUST DO IT!
oh great! i have so much to look forward LOL!
im not sure what im doing yet..maybe the influence of gender construct on child rearing.
we are getting our's next week to start..

trishedwick

hates the hsc
HSC
stolenhotelpen said:
oh great! i have so much to look forward LOL!
im not sure what im doing yet..maybe the influence of gender construct on child rearing.
we are getting our's next week to start..
yeah just make sure whatever you choose you will be able to find articles/information about them, other wise you wont be able to have a literature review lol. also, make sure you can easily interview some one about it or find primary resources.
talk to your teacher, they should be able to help you.
thats what they're there for. lol.
anyways, back to mine, i'm still going.
THIS NEVER ENDS!!
:read:

HSC
trishedwick said:
yeah just make sure whatever you choose you will be able to find articles/information about them, other wise you wont be able to have a literature review lol. also, make sure you can easily interview some one about it or find primary resources.
talk to your teacher, they should be able to help you.
thats what they're there for. lol.
anyways, back to mine, i'm still going.
THIS NEVER ENDS!!
:read:
Oh okay, cool.
Do you think my topic might be a bit difficult to fulfil the requirements? I'm thinking maybe..

Kloe-B

HSC
i ahve changed my IRP topic. im now doing
" Does peer pressure of passengers on young drivers contribute to the large number of P-plate motor vehicle accidents?"

if anyone ahs any ideas that could help me with it, i would greatly apreciate it :D:D

loly

HSC
i needd help with my irp... did anyone do it on the blind because i want to go along those lines but im not sure who is blind and that wouldnt mind me interviewing them??

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
loly said:
i needd help with my irp... did anyone do it on the blind because i want to go along those lines but im not sure who is blind and that wouldnt mind me interviewing them??
blind who...? kids? elderly? parents?

The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children may be able to help :)

loly

HSC
really .. but would it be easy for me to contact them when needed?

HSC
loly, im sure that if you gave the royal institute for deaf and blind children, they would be more than happy to help you either through send you print material...or perhaps arranging an over-the-phone interview.

generally, organisations such as this are willing to help students as they are promoting their cause. they most likely have a website also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)