"challenging' our thinking - coleridge (1 Viewer)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
"Discuss how effective the composers of the text you have studied in the Area of Study have been in representing (physical/inner/imaginative) journeys that have challenged our thinking and broadened our understanding of our own world."

my prescribed text is coleridge, and i find that there is little i can write about the poems when answering this question. (my teacher only went through FAM and Lime Tree, so i only have knowledge on those two.) can someone please give me some hints as to how coleridge challenges his audience's thinking/how he represents that his thinking has been challenged? thanks!

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
wow, i did coleridge too, but that is a toughie

i cant beleive u only did lime tree and FAM

we did all four rime of the ancient mariner is probably the best, second only to kubla

u got ripped off!

anyway,

i guess you might talk about tecniques coleridge employed and how he used them to get the message of his "journey" across. and then just round it off by saying he made you think about the power of the imagination, because he took himself and the reader on these journeys, without really leaving the scene. etc etc

and then u might say that this "broadened" your understanding of our world, because it made you "think" that you can cross physical boundaries through the power of imagination. and add something about the regenerative nature of well...nature.

hope that helped. PROBABLY NOT THOUGH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)