Chances of getting in... (1 Viewer)

mirinbrah1

HSC
If my ATAR was 4 points higher then last years cut off? Would it ever fluctuate really high?

D94

HSC
N/A
It could. It's based on supply and demand.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
If my ATAR was 4 points higher then last years cut off? Would it ever fluctuate really high?
The cut-off reflects the ATAR of the last student that was granted admission into the course - so we cannot say how high or low it fluctuates until Main Rounds etc. Unless it is a course with a fixed ATAR cut-off.

mirinbrah1

HSC
The cut-off reflects the ATAR of the last student that was granted admission into the course - so we cannot say how high or low it fluctuates until Main Rounds etc. Unless it is a course with a fixed ATAR cut-off.
Are the students who set the cut off, do they usually get the offer in the last round?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Are the students who set the cut off, do they usually get the offer in the last round?
I would not know actually. :( Well the poor student didn't really set the cut-off... well sort of anyway.

mirinbrah1

HSC
But would any of you say from past experience that being 4 points above the cut off from the previous year you would be pretty safe?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
But would any of you say from past experience that being 4 points above the cut off from the previous year you would be pretty safe?
I don't want to give off false hope but I think you have a good chance of getting in. So good luck and all the best tonight. :)

EDIT: Sorry for contradicting myself but like I said I don't want to hoist your hopes only for you to be shattered if it turns out to be otherwise. :(

Last edited:

jarrodoliver1

HSC
I haven't seen any courses fluctuate more than 2 points really. Not to say it can't happen though.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
It's quite rare to see anything shift more than 3 points, 2 points is still within the realm of possibility, but good luck tonight

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
depends which course. 4 points difference is pretty crazy unless the cutoff is in the 60s or 70s. so i would say you are safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)