change in syllabus ? (1 Viewer)

peony

i got a newsletter from my school that said somehting about the new hsc syllabus and i got confused and worried.

has that syllabus for the hsc changed lately like the maths syllabus, chem, physics, bio, eco, b.s, history and adv english ? I recall the the science syllabus was amended in 2002-03, everything is stable now isn't it or have they changed it again for hsc 2004 ? Or was my school's newsletter refering to the new hsc that started in 2000 ?i asked my teacher and not even she is sure.

i think my school's newletter is pretty dodgey , so can anyone who have 100% solid evidences confirm to me ,has the syllabus been changed/amended lately for the hsc 2004 ? i am a pessimist.

thank you

Winston

HSC
No they were refering to the NEW HSC, as in 2001, so yeah, but i think this year or next year the syllabus is due for a revision or audit.

peony

Originally posted by Winston
No they were refering to the NEW HSC, as in 2001, so yeah, but i think this year or next year the syllabus is due for a revision or audit.
if they revise it, they may change a bit of it right like add a little there and cut a little there and they won't make any big drastic changes right ?

J0n

N/A
HSC
Don't they change little things all the time?? When we got our Chemistry textbooks, we spent a lesson going through and crossing out the parts that had been removed from the syllabus :D

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
they cant add things now for the class of 04.. because people do topics in different order and stuff..
they would have to change it before that cohort starts following it..

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
syllabus/syllabi havenot changed for the 2004 HSC but the structure of some HSC exams have eg SOR. There are changes that are coming in around 2005/6/7 for certain subjects but it will not affect you (unless you come back!!)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by peony
if they revise it, they may change a bit of it right like add a little there and cut a little there and they won't make any big drastic changes right ?
When they do revision they normally update the Band descriptors and eliminate some topics and improve on it and make some topics a little more broad etc..

Originally posted by J0n
Don't they change little things all the time?? When we got our Chemistry textbooks, we spent a lesson going through and crossing out the parts that had been removed from the syllabus :D
Yes apparently Chemistry's Syllabus is constantly updated everyear.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
dont know about "constantly" being updated but it is the one that seems to have the most changes (as with most of the sciences as they jam packed them which made it very difficult to teach with any great detail - from what my peers have told me)

peony

you still seem to know alot about the HSC now considering you did yours in 89. :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
thats that "up to datedness" I keep talking about!!
LOL

kids these day- they just cant read the fine print
roflmao!
meh.. personal joke, sorry

peony

kids these day- they just cant read the fine print
:p :D

I also didn't know you are a teacher as well.(i didn't read what's under your nickname:)

Where and what do you teach sir/ mrs ? and what should i do to be "up to date al the time" ? like how do u know that the syllabus will be revise in 05/06and07 and the syllabi for 2u/3u/4u maths, standard,advance and ext eng, chemistry, physics, biology and economics has not changed for 2004 ?

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
My senior subject is SOR which is being revised as we speak as it (the new syllabus & exam) is set for the HSC examination in 2006/2007 (not 100% sure as the details are a little "sketchy" (conflicting details).

All teachers have access to/receive "regular" updates from the (real) BOS that are not subject specific (ie you get to see info for all subjects)( you can get this info from the Board site if you are really interested *yawn*)
+
due to the layout of our staffroom, you get to hear all the bitching about the BOS and the changes they make and there hasnt been any complaining in the last 6 months!(I sit next to the science area....)
+
I'm involved in curriculum @ my school, so thats another avenue of "information".

I would assume that *IF* there was a change for the list of subjects you listed, you would know about it by now; but then, you should have known about it last year (ie, it would be the course you are studying) as they will not change a course mid stream (may be remove some stuff but not wholescale changes).
(plus they would not make changes to the "key" (and I use this term very loosely) subjects all at once (ie both English levels AND maths levels)

As to the where do I teach, that is my little secret!

Hope this answers your "questions" ! (and makes sense)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)