change to 6cpt units only (1 Viewer)

frenchie

HSC
hey received a letter from usyd explaining how from 2006 we will only be able to choose units worth 6cpts. 3cpts and 8 cpts units won't exist.

what do u think the effect of this will be? senior units with less contact hours or less course content? or will things stay the same and it's just a process of standardisation across the university.

any thoughts?

Generator

HSC
N/A
I was told 'the content will be adjusted accordingly' (open to interpretation) for an 8 changing to 6 credit point course, and a number of the 12 credit courses will just be split in half. It is just a process of standardisation, but with that in mind some units will not change at all yet others will be restructured from the bottom up. Fun for all.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think it's an excellent move for the Conservatorium, where pretty much All our subjects are 3 credit points. Most of the work we do in a 3 credit point subject is worth 6, and I think due credit should be afforded this work.

ChevyJoe

HSC
N/A
i dont think its a good move. some subjects are naturally small, so now they'll have to extend the subject just for the sake of making it worthy of bein' 6cps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)