changing cars (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello, when practising my driving when i had my lz, I was mainly driving a Honda something. Today, I took my brother's Toyota Camry out, and it just felt different, ie, i needed to steer the steering wheel to the left hand side more than i normally would with the Honda something.

Has anyone else had the same problem when chagning cars, or is it just me?

CieL

HSC
It's like that with everyone...

No two cars are the same...

I'd love to see you driving an European car BWAHAHAH, you'd be so unco...

Jiga

Yeah every car is different, but also the steering issues you mention are more than likely due to the Camrys shyte turning circles, its really bad in my Camry I struggle to chuck a U'y even on large streets.

I like the feel of my car though, Ive driven a couple of other cars and one of my friends Commodores quite alot and every time I jump back in my Camry after feels 1000x better, more comfortable, better handling etc (although suspension isnt stock like his Commodore)... when I bought my car as well I hadnt test drove it, but drove it home easily.!

pottsy44

HSC
i drive particularly close to the steering wheel. although im not overly short (175cm), i think i have short legs.

when i drive my falcon im still close to the steering wheel but still far enough away.

but when i jump in my sisters or mums car, a accent and a charade. it feels like im sitting on top of the steering wheel. but i prefer it this way, as i learnt to sit in an aggressive position from racing go karts lol.

7th Sign

HSC
man its different with every car...

when you drive a high powered car and a excel its sooo different..

when I drive my prelude and my dads ford it feels link the ford is a tank hehehehe

CieL

HSC
pottsy44 said:
i drive particularly close to the steering wheel. although im not overly short (175cm), i think i have short legs.

when i drive my falcon im still close to the steering wheel but still far enough away.

but when i jump in my sisters or mums car, a accent and a charade. it feels like im sitting on top of the steering wheel. but i prefer it this way, as i learnt to sit in an aggressive position from racing go karts lol.
AHAHAH For some reason I couldnt stop laughing when I read the bolded bit.. heheheheh..

I've always laughed at people that sit really close to the steering wheel.. I tried it once just for a laugh, and it felt majorly uncomfortable.. it's like I'm struggling to keep myself off the wheel.. and I couldnt see myself doing particularly well in an emergency situation.. felt like a granny, really..

bizadfar

HSC
well u should really sit as as long as your wrist cn sit on top of the wheel easily. In really old fords i had to sit so close because the clutch pedal was so far down. And yes i have quite short legs.

pottsy44

HSC
bizadfar said:
well u should really sit as as long as your wrist cn sit on top of the wheel easily. In really old fords i had to sit so close because the clutch pedal was so far down. And yes i have quite short legs.
actually it depends on your legs more so then your arms.

CieL

HSC
pottsy44 said:
actually it depends on your legs more so then your arms.
And hopefully you're not as out of proportion as a gorilla.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)