cheapest way to get to unsw (1 Viewer)

qapl

HSC
What is the cheapest way to get to unsw if u need to get to central station by train from burwood or ashfield and then take the bus to unsw.

Do u buy the normal train ticket everyday at concession rates and a travel ten for the bus from central station to unsw or do u get a travel pass. Also what particular travel ten or travel pass do u buy. Another thing is where do u buy travel tens and travel passes can u purchase it at the train station over the counter.

sunny

meh.
HSC
A yellow travel pass will get you from Burwood/Ashfield to Central and on the bus to UNSW. You can get travel pass at the counter or at newsagencies around Central.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
No, you buy the Red travelpass if you come from Ashfield for $16 weekly concession.
Green travelpass if you come from Burwood for $20 weekly concession. This includes train fair and bus fair.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hey, is the concession travel pass (purple) available for quarterly and yearly sessions? I know that the adult ones are, but I didn't see the consession fares.

ace

is retired
HSC
Curry said:
Hey, is the concession travel pass (purple) available for quarterly and yearly sessions? I know that the adult ones are, but I didn't see the consession fares.
The concession travel pass only exist for weekly tickets.

Unfortunately Cityrail are too stingy, and therefore Quarterly and Yearly sessions are not available in the concession category.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
But is there something similar available from UNSW?

j4x0r

HSC
i'm afraid unsw doesn't offer cheap travel like concession quarterly's and yearly's

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
UNSW doesn't directly offer transport; it's all dealt with through CityRail and Sydney Buses/Ferries

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Travelpasses are definitely the most cost effective and you can use them when you go out on the weekends or after uni without worrying about running out of rides.

hatty

Banned
so i can get a travelpass from a newsagent?

also, i was just wondering, when are the best times to catch the bus on eddy avenue from central, in terms of avoiding a crowd, cuz the last few times i went, the bus was packed and that annoys me very much. and how come the bus always stops along the way to pick up old people, i thought there was an express bus, or is there and i caught the wrong one??? if so, whats its number and its frequency of coming, the UNSW transport site is pretty crap
(sorry to post in here, i didnt want to make a new thread)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Yea, Im a travel passer. At $16 a week its not bad at all, but it depends on how often you are going to uni. If you are only there like two days a week, get a Travel 10.

sunny

meh.
HSC
hatty said:
so i can get a travelpass from a newsagent?
Yep...the newsagent at the Eddy Ave exit sells them. The ticket "starts" on the day you start using it.

hatty said:
also, i was just wondering, when are the best times to catch the bus on eddy avenue from central, in terms of avoiding a crowd, cuz the last few times i went, the bus was packed and that annoys me very much.
During session the Eddy Ave express bus stop is most packed in the morning when people rush for the 9am lectures. 8:30ish is probably the worst time to be there.

hatty said:
and how come the bus always stops along the way to pick up old people, i thought there was an express bus, or is there and i caught the wrong one???
If it stopped along the way, you didn't catch the express. It should be the 891/895 (depending on whether the driver bothered to change the number). It stops past the last stand.

hatty

Banned
so the 891 and 895 are the express? and how often does it come buddy?

thing is, i just went to UNSW a few days ago, and it was packed at like 11am, especially on the way home, btw, is there an express bus from UNSW back to central?

j4x0r

HSC
expresses don't run very often (if at all) during the big breaks and during sessions 1 and 2, they come very often up until about 2pm

sunny

meh.
HSC
hatty said:
so the 891 and 895 are the express? and how often does it come buddy? btw, is there an express bus from UNSW back to central?
The 891 goes from Central to uni, and 895 from uni to Central. But like I said sometimes the drivers don't bother changing the numbers since they do constant rounds.

During session in peak times (8ish am to 9ish am) there are expresses every several minutes. Other times of the day probably about 15-20 minutes a bus. At uni there are always expresses that leave uni on about every hour during the day for students that finish for the day.

hatty said:
thing is, i just went to UNSW a few days ago, and it was packed at like 11am, especially on the way home,
Remember we are out of session right now and there are only reduced express services (or you were not on the express)

gman03

HSC
From experience, the bus stop at Anzac Pde is most packed on the hour and 15 minutes thereof. If you want to go back to Central in the afternoon, aim for buses that leave between XX:20 - XX:55 if you know what I mean.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
bearpooh said:
Hmm...

Anh laø ngöôØi Vieät, phaûi khoâng?
Còn anh lê sinh viên na(m thu*' mâ'y ??

And if I ask nicely, will you give a friendly kiss at open week :)
No, I dont want a slap like that one your avatar is giving !
:) :)
You have PMs disabled, so I'll have to post this here... who are you?

derek_

HSC
what if i'm going to be at uni maybe 4 days a week? which pass should i get then .... :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)