Cheating punishments? (1 Viewer)

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
From the HSC rules and procedures book:
you must not:
take into the examination room, or refer to during the examination, any books or notes, this booklet, the examination timetable, any paper, or any equipment other than the equipment listed in the examination timetable

you have no case it is your responsibility to know these rules, you can not take other paper into the exam. However the supervisor should of taken them from you before the exam.
Dude, read the previous posts and don't repeat it. I think she knows what she has done wrong by now. She is asking for advice to solve this ... not asking for more stress.

The most important thing is don't worry too much about it after you have done what you have to do. You have other exams following up.

oxyray

goodluck.
HSC
that really sucks. if you were going to cheat as if you would write it on visible paper, you would try hid it! ha. i hope every thing works out sweet for you.

pman

Banned
HSC
you should have written on the unruled side of the writing booklet, completley legal, they cannot take it off you either, the stuff written on the exam paper itself will have marks on it that say bos, you'll prob get done for bringing banned materials into the exam room

terminator69

HSC
that really sucks. if you were going to cheat as if you would write it on visible paper
How else would you cheat? Invisible paper?

you would try hid it!
Obviously you can try. But there comes a time when you need to take it out so you can actually use it, thus making you more susceptible to being caught.

HSC
The BOS guidelines that should've been read out at every exam (or just English as my examiner dude said) states that any external material (written on or not) must not be brought into the exam. It then states that a break of these rules puts your examination in jeopardy. Meaning that it's up to the discretion of the examiners to decided your fate.

I would award you 0 for your exam.

LordPc

HSC
I found a piece of blank paper in my pencil case, and ripped that into 3. Then ripped another 3 pieces off the back on my exam. The blank pile sat on my desk, and a supervisor checked it over to make sure it was blank, and I told her I was going to write on them once writing commenced.
just find this supervisor. you haven't done anything wrong, and if you have it is the supervisors fault for giving you the all clear. if you werent allowed to write notes down on ripped paper, that supervisor should have told you so before the exam.

so just find that woman.

(you could also argue like this "if i were to cheat, do you think I would be dumb enough to put my pre-prepared notes on my desk, in full view of everyone, and copy from them? no one is that dumb")

pman

Banned
HSC
just find this supervisor. you haven't done anything wrong, and if you have it is the supervisors fault for giving you the all clear. if you werent allowed to write notes down on ripped paper, that supervisor should have told you so before the exam.

so just find that woman.

(you could also argue like this "if i were to cheat, do you think I would be dumb enough to put my pre-prepared notes on my desk, in full view of everyone, and copy from them? no one is that dumb")
you'd be surprised

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC

so just find that woman.

This.

It would be completely unfair if you were penalised for something you were previously told you were allowed to do. Inconsistent supervisors not your fault.

You are in the right. Good luck :)

sunsettah

HSC
Shit....hope everything turns out fine for you...

You werent told you couldnt bring in paper? At every exam i've sat for so far...they've read out the same rules at the start.."Any paper, notes or anauthorised material is not allowed and should be handed over to markrs and can be gotten at end bla bla"

If they didnt read out those rules then that's a fairly simple argument for you.....i'm sure if the fuckers downgrade you, you could take it further.

they read that out, but i thought that just meant like paper with notes on it..

Last edited:

sunsettah

HSC
you should have written on the unruled side of the writing booklet, completley legal, they cannot take it off you either, the stuff written on the exam paper itself will have marks on it that say bos, you'll prob get done for bringing banned materials into the exam room

i explained that i was irritated in the first exam by having to keep flicking back to the notes page on the unruled side.

sunsettah

HSC

so just find that woman.

i live in a small town, the supervisors were local ladies. and i know this lady.

i will go find my statement now and then type it in here.

my second one stated that i had the notes in full view, and then after they were confiscated proceeded to re-write them on the unruled parts of the question booklet, as well as rip some more bits off my exam paper - for the saem reason (that i wasted too much time flicking to find what notes i wanted)

sunsettah

HSC
Okay, as i said. I am pretty messed up mentally and when put on the spot - i babble and then it is only later on that i realise things i missed, and things i should have said, and forgot to say.

This is my first statement.

'The notes in question were written by myself in the first ten/fifteen minutes of the exam. I used memory methods to memorise the notes, and kept repeating them in my head until the commencement of the exam. I wrote them down, after ripping paper off my question booklet, and proceded with my exam. The notes were taken off me, even though a supervisor saw me riup the paper off to write them on. I attempted to remmber them & write them again, but I had already begun my essay and did not have the time again to spare. I believe my final mark will be affected by this interruption to my exam.'

Signed and dated.

SO I returned home, and realised I put everything in good and well but left out two key points that i really wanted to include:

1. .That I had the paper lying in full view at the top of my desk - not hiding it at all.

and 2. I forgot to mention that I used a combination of paper i ripped off my exam booklet, and another blank piece.

The problem is, that I will now look guilty for needing to change my statement. And also, it's a problem that the examiners didn't check my pencil case in the beginning, so there's no way I can even prove that the notes in there were blank when I came in.

flaminwaffle

HSC
wow that sucks. hope it all goes well for you.

I needed some scrap working paper in maths, so i asked for a new booklet and did it all in there. Then at the end of the exam i tore it in half so they wouldnt collect it. You shoulda done that :(

Again, all the best.

EDIT: Also, try to get your parents involved. Adults talking to adults is much more effective than teenager talking to adult. And if you have a good record, like a good report etc, see if theyll take a look at that, to prove youre a decent student.

Last edited:

sunsettah

HSC
wow that sucks. hope it all goes well for you.

I needed some scrap working paper in maths, so i asked for a new booklet and did it all in there. Then at the end of the exam i tore it in half so they wouldnt collect it. You shoulda done that :(

Again, all the best.

EDIT: Also, try to get your parents involved. Adults talking to adults is much more effective than teenager talking to adult. And if you have a good record, like a good report etc, see if theyll take a look at that, to prove youre a decent student.
Yeah my record's fine, and i'm school captain. My parents will be involved when my stepdad gets out of hospital..

absorber

HSC
What kinda bullshit is it when an examiner accepts it? If you could remember things in depth that well, it'd be weird to see all those things on your desk 15 minutes later, but if they checked before, how could they accuse you? GL.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
You shouldn't have done it, but at the same time, the examiner shouldn't have approved it.

So on that, I think you have the advantage.

Goodluck, I can't imagine how awful it must feel. Just try not to think about it and focus on the rest of your exams.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Your attempt at cheating was bad and you should feel bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)