cheese on toast (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
If you're on a diet, I suggest you lay off too much red meat and dairy.. as these contain a lot of saturated fats..

You don't see saturated fats at room temp, but I think that's the runny stuff you see when you melt the cheese. Of course it's still in the cheese before you melt it.. no shit..

Of course some types of cheese are better than others
eg. Mozzarella has more "good fats" than say, cheddar cheese.

You need some fats for shiny hair, nails, eyes, blah blah.. but not too much..

I find that Western[ised] people rack up a lot of dairy and red meat in their diet.. the high saturated fat content raises your cholesterol levels.

And lay off too much margarine too.
That's another type of fat called a "trans-fat".. basically unsaturated fats which have been artificially modified to make the contents more solid and prolong shelf life. That raises cholesterol levels too and link to obesity IF you eat it too much.

Good luck with your diet dude.. you're not really eating the right things..

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I used to put Mayonaise with my cheese on toast. Yes I was a fat child :eek:

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
]
CieL said:
If you're on a diet, I suggest you lay off too much red meat and dairy.. as these contain a lot of saturated fats..

You don't see saturated fats at room temp, but I think that's the runny stuff you see when you melt the cheese. Of course it's still in the cheese before you melt it.. no shit..

I find that Western[ised] people rack up a lot of dairy and red meat in their diet.. the high saturated fat content raises your cholesterol levels.

That's another type of fat called a "trans-fat".. basically unsaturated fats which have been artificially modified to make the contents more solid and prolong shelf life. That raises cholesterol levels too and link to obesity IF you eat it too much.

Olive oil is one of the best kinds of fat in your diet.

I know someone who went on a lactose-free diet so he could train harder without getting muscle cramps. Don't know if it worked but how crap would that be.

CieL

HSC
DownInFlames said:
]Olive oil is one of the best kinds of fat in your diet.
What does this have to do with my post?

random1990

HSC
CieL said:

thanks for the advice! =]
im a vegetarian so theres no worries about the red meat! so far i've been on my diet for about 3 weeks, and i havent touched any chocolate in that time! =]
my diet has basically consisted of 5 weet-bix in the morning, for school i take like, 2 sandwiches, 2 pieces of fruit, ritz and cheese, museli bar, popper and thats about it. have some more fruit and 2 pieces of vegemite toast when i get home, and then dinner is usually pasta or rice/curry or something like that. for the past 2 weeks ive been skipping for 30 mins, 3 times a week before school, and each day of the weekend. also lately ive been drinking a crapload of water (im talking like 3-4 ltrs a day)!
i've tried to avoid all fried food, except stuff that mum puts in the curries we have. do you think im eating too much? im not overweight at all. im 63 kgs, and not sure how tall, but i dont look fat at all when i have a shirt on. id just like to shed any fat thats on my abs so u can actually see a 6 pack =]

what do you think of what/how much im eating, exercise, etc?

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Do you not eat green vegies or something.

Now that I know you're a vegetarian.. you can eat your cheese.. just not too much of it..

lol I personally won't be able to stand your diet.. so much of the dry bread/biscuits/grainy stuff.. which you need because you don't eat meat.. I'd also recommend a range of nuts, like almonds n crap, and soy products, like tofu..

I reckon you should exercise for more than 30mins at one time.. I remember my doctor telling my dad that the first 30mins you burn your carbs, then after that you start burning your fat reserves.. and this is just from walking around the block..
If you want to see your abs.. why don't you do exercise which actually works on your torso area? Instead of just cardio like skipping?

Eating a lot of food is relative to how much of it your burn.. I eat a crapload, and get hungry within 30mins after a whole meal because I burn it real fast.. unlike some other people who can have one slice of toast in the morning and not be hungry until lunch..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well sorry we all dont have a fast metabolism like you do :p

random1990

HSC
CieL said:
Do you not eat green vegies or something.

Now that I know you're a vegetarian.. you can eat your cheese.. just not too much of it..

lol I personally won't be able to stand your diet.. so much of the dry bread/biscuits/grainy stuff.. which you need because you don't eat meat.. I'd also recommend a range of nuts, like almonds n crap, and soy products, like tofu..

I reckon you should exercise for more than 30mins at one time.. I remember my doctor telling my dad that the first 30mins you burn your carbs, then after that you start burning your fat reserves.. and this is just from walking around the block..
If you want to see your abs.. why don't you do exercise which actually works on your torso area? Instead of just cardio like skipping?

Eating a lot of food is relative to how much of it your burn.. I eat a crapload, and get hungry within 30mins after a whole meal because I burn it real fast.. unlike some other people who can have one slice of toast in the morning and not be hungry until lunch..
umm yeah i eat green vegies in some of mum's cooking for dinner. like we might have salad or steamed veggies or something, and i guess their in a lot of curries too!

yeah also sometimes when i get home i'll just eat peanuts while im on the comp lol =p

if it was less intense workout then i'd probably exercise more than 30 mins, but skipping is really intense, like im usually out of breath/sweating within 5-10 mins, and im pretty fit. and i do do some exercise for my abs, like i do situps twice a week. but its not just my abs i wanna see, i wanna buff up a bit, so i've been doing weights for the past few months too. reason u need to do cardio, is coz the 6 pack is hidden under a layer of fat, so u need to burn off that layer to actually see the definition in the abs =p

and yeah i used to just eat a crapload, do little to no exercies and still stay skinny (ie. really good metabolism). like i get really really hungry really fast. like usually at school, i eat during class coz i get so hungry and cant wait till recess/lunch lol. so basically im just constantly eating, but i never seem to get fat, but i'd still like to get fitter so im toned and not just some lil skinny bitch =p

thanks gagin for your reply =]

CieL

HSC
No to peanuts..
Switch them for almonds, walnuts or something..

Yeah, I'm like you.. eating a crapload 24/7 and not gain weight.. and actually be underweight..

Best [workout] job I had was being a waitress at a crappy place.. It was hard work for hours on end and a few days a week.. I swear it was better than going to a gym..

Arms - plates equiv to 4-5kgs.. could be heavier for drinks during functions
Abs - had to stand up straight due to weight of plates/drinks
Butt - we had stairs
Legs - walking for at least 5hrs straight [we werent allowed to stand in one place]
And then we had to do cleaning.. like sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, plates, cutlery, etc..

I lost 8kgs within the first month of working there and kept the weight off and had more muscle tone on my arm than my male friend before he went gym.. but then again I was always more built for a girl as I used to train in the pool..

It's funny how I'm telling you to eat this and that.. and I know what's good.. but I've never eaten all that myself =]
I snack on peanuts in front of my comp at night too.. the Thai ones with a layer of deep fried coconut cream coating.. Absolutely hate walnuts.. love cheese.. you should see the rest of my diet
I think I'm going to get cholesterol problems soon..

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
well sorry we all dont have a fast metabolism like you do :p
I'm jealous of those who have a normal-slow metabolism..

I mean, how good must it be to not get hungry during a lecture.
To hardly spend any money of food.
To not be the first to die if you were stranded on a deserted island.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)