chem monitoring and management pracs (1 Viewer)

kanz

my stoopid chemistry teacher didnt even finish the course and i have no idea about these pracs from the syllabus:

- Identify data, plan, select equipment and perform first had investigations to analyse:

- phosphorus content in detergent

- nitrogen content of fertilizer

- sulfate content of lawn food or fertiliser

- ethanol in wine or beer

- citirc acid in orange juice

could somebody please help meeeeee :(

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
the phosphorus content of detergent is analysed by precipitating a ample with molybdate (MoO42-) ions. in the presence of a reducing agent (ascorbic acid C6H8O6). The phosphorus level turns the solution blue, depending on the amount of phosphorus. (set spectrograph at red light wavelength as that is the absorbtion wavelength light that results in blue.)
The solution has to be put in a conicle flask and heated to increase rate of reaction, then cooled in a ice bath. it is then diluted to a suitable level and put in spectrograph and results are compared to a set of standard sol. Calculations can then determine the percentage by mass by using the molar mass equations on Mg2P2O7. (the precip formed.) Can't be bothered explaining the rest... mayhap later......:eek:

Buttaa_boo

HSC
my question for my test is: reasearch thesources and effects of the trace pollutanats mercury and lead and asses th significance of the developement of aas on our understading of their effects

aas = atomic absorption spectrophotometer
i canttt finddd ittt !! helpppppp! :(:(

Alkanes

HSC
lol this thread is 8 years old wow very long time ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)