chem prac test (1 Viewer)

john-doe

HSC
i have a chemistry prac test coming up next week worth 30% (same as trials).

-practical and a related skill will come from Production of Materials focus 3. (ethanol)

skills and problem solving will come from-
1. Industrial Chemistry Option Focus 2 (equilibrium)
2. Chemical monitoring focus 3 (identifying ions) and focus 5 (analysing a water sample)..

Can anyone give tips on how to prepare for this test as (30%).. What type of questions are skills, problem solving ???

and is there anyone who has practice questions related for this task.. I will greatly appreciate it...Thanks!

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Ethanol prac is just i believe spirit boiling water to see the amount of energy it exerts and what not shouldn't be too much of a hassle if you know the formula
Water test sounds like it'll be similar to the sulphate fertilizer prac if u've done it, just get the test method for cations and anions. Anything else related to the water test could be the testing of bacteria or just how much disolved solids or suspended solids in the water. I didn't do industrial chem so can't help sorry
Hope that helps

madharris

HSC
N/A
Know the difference between accuracy, reliability and validity
Look over your chem pracs that you've done in class, or if you haven't done one then look at other peoples notes from the resources page
Learn how to write a hypothesis and a conclusion

As for the skills part, you will either have to graph/interpret data, or else it might just be like a normal exam where they ask questions regarding the topics that they ave specified

Hope that helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)