CHEM,TEACHER HElP (1 Viewer)

obelisk

HSC
this is my hsc year and the teacher i have is not really good im a avgerage person gettin ok marks but for chemistry i dont know nuffin the teacher give us the work like the review excercise's and that all he does i do my work but i still dont get it can u guys just tell me how u guys work in ur chem class because my class agrees and we dont spend no time in class explainin the work at all

zagga20

HSC
i dont do chemistry, but if its a class-wide thing, it may be the teacher... you should probably explain it to the head teacher or principal... otherwise ask him or another teacher for tutoring.

It all depends really, this is your HSC, and a teacher is meerly a tool for you to use to get it, when it comes down to it...

Season

HSC
Someone once said to me 'the teacher is only an addition to the text book', our teachers have got this whole idea of 'preparing' us for Uni and now all our science classes consist of powerpoints and the teacher going through the power point while we take notes.

The best approach is to once a week go through each chapter and take your own personal notes, highlight important points and unusual ones. Then go through all the questions and make sure you can do it back to front. Its actually quite easy.

shaun_89

HSC
yo obelisk. have no fear dude. have u tried looking for tutors? tutors are a good hand. i myself have one. not because im not capable, but i myself think its so worth having one. because they are good people who know how u wud be going through right now...dont worry man. if u want a tutor, i got one. just ask me if u want his contacts.

urm how I usually work, is i always do dot point summary on the syllabus. its very handy dandy tool. make sure u familiarise urself with each and every one. sometimes in these situations, u have to go rogue-style. but dude, just summary on dot points. and when u do these, use BORED resources and any other handy sources u know. but dude, just keep ur chin up and ull be aiight. if this becomes too much, then notify the head teacher. also before doing this, ask ur year adviser. i find them a very essential tool. talk to them, theyll help u out so much! anyways dude, ull be good dont stress aiight. take it easy!

tennille

HSC
I agree with Season. I also found it helpful to to write down notes that answer each of the syllabus dot-points. If you are really having trouble, however, maybe you should consider getting a tutor as additional aid.

stephenchow

HSC
obelisk said:
this is my hsc year and the teacher i have is not really good im a avgerage person gettin ok marks but for chemistry i dont know nuffin the teacher give us the work like the review excercise's and that all he does i do my work but i still dont get it can u guys just tell me how u guys work in ur chem class because my class agrees and we dont spend no time in class explainin the work at all
Heard of asking the teacher?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
or ask around in forum... read text book your self...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)