Chemistry help please (1 Viewer)

sdc_2nv

chantellitubby
HSC
I'm kinda stuck, can't really find a model of the structure of metallic bonds to describe metals as three dimensional lattices of ions in a sea of electrons. If anyone can give me a hand, id really appreciate it, thank you

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I have an annoying chem assignment like that too, except we have to build our own models, and I don't see the point of this :S My friend and I are planning to just use the stick and balls model, some bigger balls connected together in a rectangular prism with little "electrons" sticking out randomly. That's the best we can do :S

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=G

I am uneducated, but i searched 3D, metal, and model, and this is what came up... other than that...

On second thoughts, is "cubic unit cells" relevant? I have a bunch of diagrams in a chem uni text book. Let me know, ill possibly scan some up if i can.

Edit: ok it deff seems relevant, so let me know. I have one that looks similar to the above in 2D, then a bunch of little cubes, talking about 'cubic lattice', etc. Let me know, PM or whatever

Last edited:

sdc_2nv

chantellitubby
HSC
thanks for that, but i think i know what they are looking for now, im getting really frustrated with chem though, i guess it just ain't my cup of tea, im doing really well in everything else though so hopefully i'll keep that up and be able to drop chem at the end of the year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)