Chemistry HSC secondary source exam?? Advise needed (1 Viewer)

Sushi1998

HSC
Hey guys I have my earth and environmental science and chemistry secondary source exam next week. I'm going through my content but not sure how to exactly study for it. Plzz Can anyone who has finished their HSC year advise me on how to prepare for secondary source exams.

It's HSC and my first official HSC assessment task so I'm really worried.
Any help would be appreciated...

JFord

HSC
Same here! We have our first HSC assignment on the production of materials and I'm struggling with concepts such as the structures of bio polymers etc. our conquering chemistry book provides us with no actual support But best of luck sushi in your HSC

antonym

HSC
Know what accuracy, reliability and validity mean in the context of secondary sources and also be prepared for questions that ask how you obtained your information. Apart from that be 100% confident with your content as they can still test the normal questions that come up in regular theory exams. Also do practice papers so you can gain familiarity with exam-conditions and writing responses as well as various marking criteria.

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Secondary sources:

Reliability - Cross referencing
Validity - Do your sources actually address the question at hand properly. (e.g. outdated sources might give misleading info, however this can arguably be accuracy.)
Accuracy - Theoretical results are always somewhere. Do a compare and contrast. Note that your sources could be reliable but not accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)