Chemistry question - metals (1 Viewer)

superjan

HSC
N/A
Hello, can someone please answer this question:
Discuss the suitability of a highly reactive metal as a rain storage water tank.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Graceuf

HSC
Well, a highly reactive metal is just that, highly reactive and there's a high chance that it will react with water. For instance sodium, highly reactive metal when placed in a water bath creates a nice explosion (sometimes, depending on how much sodium is used.). So sodium wouldn't be the best choice to make a water tank out of.

I hope that kinda made sense. I don't have anything to back be up besides the fact that I'm doing the same topic and have my exam tomorrow so I hope it's right.

Hope you're enjoying chem. :D

Ambility

HSC
Well, a highly reactive metal is just that, highly reactive and there's a high chance that it will react with water. For instance sodium, highly reactive metal when placed in a water bath creates a nice explosion (sometimes, depending on how much sodium is used.). So sodium wouldn't be the best choice to make a water tank out of.

I hope that kinda made sense. I don't have anything to back be up besides the fact that I'm doing the same topic and have my exam tomorrow so I hope it's right.

Hope you're enjoying chem. :D
Here's something to back you up. It's a reactivity series. Sodium is so reactive that it will react with water, which means it wont make a good water tank.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
TBH, it's highly reactive, therefore don't use it. End of discussion.

The question kind of answers itself lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)