Chemistry tutoring! HSC Mark = 97 (1 Viewer)

appletooth

HSC
Hi everyone,

My name is Anna & I will be tutoring preliminary and HSC chemistry (+option: industrial chemistry) now that the HSC is over. :D

I came first in chemistry this year at Hurlstone Agricultural High School, ranking first in all 4 assessment tasks throughout the year.

My marks in chemistry were:

Task 1: 97%
Half Yearly: 93%
Task 3: 97%
Trial: 96%

Average: 96%

These marks were not achieved overnight. I was ranked 20th after receiving a mark of 80% after the first assessment task in year 11, so I know what it takes to bring your marks up & have the resources to enable you to do so.

Also, I am passionate about science (particularly chemistry! :D) which I believe is necessary to be able to teach chemistry as it should be taught. I've seen people with great potential struggle with teachers who aren't truly passionate about what they're teaching, but I've taken away so much more than just great marks, including a genuine interest in the subject, that I know I can teach this to the best of my ability.

For now, tutoring will be on a one-on-one basis, $20 p/h. I live in the Liverpool area, but if you live nearby (or within a reasonable distance), I'm willing to travel if needed.

PM me for any more details/if you have any questions/if interested. :)

Edited to add 2008 HSC results/UAI —

Chemistry - 97
Biology - 96
Senior Science - 98 (equal 3rd in the state)
English - 90
Maths - 97 (2007 HSC)
Maths Ext1 - 47/50

UAI = 99.40

Last edited:

munchiecrunchie

HSC
Hey Anna =)

I highly reccommend Anna, she definitely knows her stuff

ranked 1st in all her assessments (it doesnt get better than that, she's top stuff, seriously)

NB our chemistry exams are actually quite difficult (the average for the trial was somewhere in the 60's)

She also got great communication skills which is a really important quality that tutors need. She'll be able to help any of you out with your chemistry, no doubt.

And $20 p/h is dead cheap . . . get in fast before she's booked out!

appletooth

HSC
Thanks Ashna! Even though I caved under the pressure in the actual HSC... I made the silliest mistakes, honestly. :(

You should also consider doing some tutoring yourself, seeing as you consistently owned all of us in English. :D

appletooth

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
re-bump :) lol (we got the same chemistry mark - hi 5!!!)
Chemistry mark twins, whoo! Well done on the great marks/UAI btw, you must be stoked :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)