• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chemists are hiding where? XD (1 Viewer)

NeVeRMeLTeR

HSC
Hello :)
I have an assignment that's going to be set soon...I am suppose to interview a chemist either via e-mails, personal interview, or phone I believe. I was wondering does anyone have a suggested location where I can find any? :p
And also...in one company all the chemists would be located there at once right? Industrial, Research, Production, Analytical, etc. any help is good. Domo ( Thanks ) lol

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Chingaling said:
well... make it up.. :S i would do that :)
exactly, you will be interrupting the hard-working chemists at their quality work.
fake an interview transcript, but include the important points such as what the chemists manages or monitors.

The syllabus dot point your teacher refers to is either:

outline the role of a chemist employed in a named industry or enterprise, identifying the branch of chemistry undertaken by the chemist and explaining a chemical principle that the chemist uses
OR

gather, process and present information from secondary sources about the work of practising scientists identifying:

- the variety of chemical occupations
- a specific chemical occupation for a more detailed study
research them and use your English skills to transcript an interview.

NeVeRMeLTeR

HSC
Hummmm, I guess that's a valid point lol, but still....i think i'll make that Plan B for now XD
I actually wanna try find one :p Could be good experience.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
We learned the same syllabus dot point, except it was a simple internet research completed in a single 50 minute period. So you could add this idea to Plan C (or modify Plan B) and use your English skills to transcript an interview :)

JCDenton

HSC
Easy.
Step 1. - Find the CSIRO building
Step 2. - Find someone willing to talk to you (seriously, they are all willing to chew your ear off. blah blah blah, they don't shut up!)
Step 3. - Ask them to answer the BoS question dot point
Step 4. - Go home and finish whatever needs doing.

Easy. Or, if you can't do that then ask your science teachers if they have any friends in the industry and see if they can talk to the class (thats what we got) or just be able to talk to them outside of school.

Or if you can't find anyone, I think scientific sites like NASA and CSIRO have those "ask a scientist" things which you can send off an email to one of them.

Thats all I can think of for now. I'll get back to you if I dig up anything else.

NeVeRMeLTeR

HSC
lolz, thanks for the idea's peoples :D
We can't have a person giving a speech to our class though, if that happens only one person can do the research on him. Since we all have to pick different people. =P
Btw, where's the CSIRO building located o_O;;
I get the hunch it's massive and is almost isolated....just a hunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)