Childcare - question help please! (1 Viewer)

__candy

HSC
N/A
Im in Yr12 atm and plan to do Childcare when i get out of school. The certificate i want to do is Certificate 3 Children Services, but what requirements are there to get in. It just says School Certificate, but since it's a really popular course
Would it really affect my chance to get into the course?
I have no work experience, and it's hard to get employer to accept you because you're under 18.
Help please!
What should i do?
Thanks alot

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
While people with the appropriate experience would be given preference over you for entry, I imagine few people with this experience would apply to the Cert III since it is an entry level qualification. Especially since HSC students are eligible for entry into the Diploma. So I imagine you'd have little trouble getting into the Cert III

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Some TAFEs offer a Statement of Attainment in Children's Services which contains subjects from the Cert III, giving you a leg up to getting into it in the next semester, proves you are capable of doing the work and have an interest in the area. OTEN does some Children's Services courses by distance.

-mz-u-wsh-

Cara Lee
HSC
as the above post said, oten does have childcare by distance education, it can be hard, and you have to video yourself for some components E.g work experience, i did it last year as a tvet subject, its good but sometimes you just want to rip up the work, and never look back!!

sharris123

HSC
Hello
i am currently doing the childrens services cert 3 at tafe i am still in school and the cource runs over 2 years
year 11 and 12
it is part of my school subjects being a tvet cource and gives you RPL ( recognised prior learning)
this is excellent for gaining oppertunities in the field of work.
And having the certificate gives you a higher chance of getting into a diploma cource!
Hope that helped a little?
byeee byeee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)