Choosing subjects for Year 11! (1 Viewer)

TheShmiggler

HSC
N/A
Now i am currently in the process of choosing my subject for my senior study. I am aiming for a 90+ rank for my ATAR and I am wondering if that is achievable with my current subject selections. My subjects are as follows:

SOR 1 (School requires religion)
English Advanced
Mathematics (Advanced)
Modern History
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

This gives me a total of 13 units which I am intending to keep for the HSC. I am unsure whether I should do Ext 1 Maths as i enjoy the subject. The problem with that is I'm worried about the workload along with my other subjects. But will just choosing advanced Maths be enough for a high scoring ATAR.

Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated.​

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
If you enjoy maths, please at least give MX1 a go. (you always have the option of dropping it)

However, this will require you to do drop a 2U sub (seeing how you probs don't want 14 units) and you'll end up with 12 when you dropped a 2U sub to pick up MX1.

With any subject combo, 90 ATAR is VERY VERY POSSIBLE. All comes down to you, not your subjects.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Seeing as how you're only entering year 11, might I suggest you take the full 14 units and see how that turns out for you. you'll probably be in a more informed position to make judgement as to which subjects you enjoy the most

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Take MX1 it's worth it. You'll probably end up dropping another subject over it.

russ3l

HSC
Year 11 is a time for experimenting so when it comes to the hsc you will know what subjects will get you that 90+ atar

HSC
The only good subjects for HSC:

1) Physics
2) Chemistry
3) MX 1
4) MX 2
5) English (advance/ESL) - not standard

Work hard and Atar over 95 is guaranteed!!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I mean you can get any atar with any subjects but if you choose these subjects and put a lil bit of effort, your atar is likely to be over 95 :p
95% of my cohort at school would disagree with that.

A "little" bit of effort? Dude, not everyone is that smart. There's a reason why 25 of the 30 people in my cohort did General Maths.

HSC
Dude only 'smart' people would pick these subjects, science and maths are only appealing to smart people :L
95% of my cohort at school would disagree with that.

A "little" bit of effort? Dude, not everyone is that smart. There's a reason why 25 of the 30 people in my cohort did General Maths.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Dude only 'smart' people would pick these subjects, science and maths are only appealing to smart people :L
you said:

"the only good subjects are _______ , work hard and 95+ is guaranteed"

implying that everyone should take those subjects, and that everyone can get 95+ if they work hard

HSC
yeah I meant to say that you just have to put a little effort (i.e. 5-6 hours of study everyday) and your atar is in your hands
you said:

"the only good subjects are _______ , work hard and 95+ is guaranteed"

implying that everyone should take those subjects, and that everyone can get 95+ if they work hard

HSC
not all of us went to baulko[/QUOTE]

I don't go to Baulko, but I still do those subjects, you don't have to go to high ranked school to do those subjects you know...and people who ain't capable of of doing would never be able to do em even if they go JR...! :L

HSC
Little effort is not 5 to 6 hours of study every day. That's a surmountable amount.

well obviously if you want a high atar, you have to put that much effort :p
the reason I am saying one should do these subjects is that it becomes a relatively easy to achieve a high atar :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)