circle geo question (1 Viewer)

justchillin

HSC
can anyone justify this conclusion, I am in confusion..
I've found that the intersection of perpindicular bisectors of 2 chords that meet at a tangent is at the centre of a circle (the circle is made by the 2 chords, a line joining the chords at the point of contact and a line joining the chords which is parallel to the tangent)...
Then the solns say that, as the centre is always on one of these perpinduclar bisectors then the intersections of the bisctors move on a st line.

Sorry, its pretty random without a diagram, but if anyone has it, it is SIC 2001 question 8 c)

At the moment my understanding is that, if the intersection lies on the centre, then it moves along the diameter which is a st line, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Thanks people...

ngai

HSC
justchillin said:
can anyone justify this conclusion, I am in confusion..
I've found that the intersection of perpindicular bisectors of 2 chords that meet at a tangent is at the centre of a circle (the circle is made by the 2 chords, a line joining the chords at the point of contact and a line joining the chords which is parallel to the tangent)...
Then the solns say that, as the centre is always on one of these perpinduclar bisectors then the intersections of the bisctors move on a st line.

Sorry, its pretty random without a diagram, but if anyone has it, it is SIC 2001 question 8 c)

At the moment my understanding is that, if the intersection lies on the centre, then it moves along the diameter which is a st line, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Thanks people...
lol wtf?
sorry..got no idea what ur trying to say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)