Circumcision (1 Viewer)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Li0n said:
where the hell did you hear that from, that is a totally cultural thing (Ethiopian as far as im concerned)
I heard at one of my old schools that this muslim girl (who was also a student) had a female circumcision done. She was from Saudi Arabia. Its not really called a female circumcision, its a clitorectomy.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
mattsta said:
I heard at one of my old schools that this muslim girl (who was also a student) had a female circumcision done. She was from Saudi Arabia. Its not really called a female circumcision, its a clitorectomy.

So then you made the blanket statement that "muslims have their daughters circumsized". Which seems to me to mean that it is a muslim thing.
Which is untrue, I don't know a single muslim female who has.

Just because one couple decided to doesn't mean they all do.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
I really dont think i have much of a chance of catching some kind of STD or getting an infection...i know what running water is...im happpy to have my forskin...its something other people will never get the chance to experience...to chop it off in a rather draconian procedure without the consent of the child when there is a massive chance that the child will have a fully functioning sensitive healthy intact penis seems overkill...
Oh no i will never experience foreskin!!!

I would suggest not calling it draconian, there is very little draconian about it. It is similar to removing an apendix before it ever gets a problem, even though you know that it will probably not cause a problem anyway.

to take the knife to a child to prevent minute risks is like having your tongue removed because you might bite it...its overkill...it robs the child of something they were born with...the risks are minute...whats the point?

Overkill? It is just foreskin.
Your tongue example is really incorrect. The tongue serves a purpose. The example of the apendix was much more valid so stick to it.
When the tongue serves no purpose then it would be a valid example.

The fact is the risks are minute either way.
The only real argument i can think of against it (or for it aswell) is that it is a waste of time to do it. You have to get the operation done and such when either way is pretty much the same.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Asquithian...was that second link a successful circumcision?

There no advantages to losing one's foreskin.

My mum wanted me circumcised, but the good people at Camden hospital advised against it. I love public hospitals.

Girlfriends benefits from foreskins. If you can successfully enter without having the foreskin roll back and have it roll back inside her, it is extremely stimulating.

One woman compared it to a 'seedling bursting to life' inside her.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
yeah why not...if only i knew what you looked like :rolleyes:
I was circumcised at birth. However, I had an Italian friend who wasn't. In Year 5 he developed some sort of Urinary Tract Infection due to his foreskin. It was apparently clean, but somehow it got infected and he had to have it removed. So, there is advantages to getting it removed.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I think its funny how, most people would consider clitorectomy barbarous, but so many are for male circumcision

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
I think its funny how, most people would consider clitorectomy barbarous, but so many are for male circumcision
Because the foreskin has no purpose. Its not really barbaric to have it circumcised.

A clitorectomy however is barbaric. The main purpose of it is to make the woman feel no sexual pleasure when having intercourse.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol asqy talking about weird...how's this?

It is important for people with SBH and their carers to treat this potential allergy as a serious risk. Many activities of daily life, from visiting the dentist, washing dishes, to playing with toys brings us into contact with latex.
note: SBH is spina bifida hydrocephalus

meshy

Inasero I remember reading way back you're background is Korean, right? That's probably why you're circumcised, cos Koreans adopted this from the US (even though you were probably raised here I believe Koreans still keep with this practice).

The strange thing is, that circumcision is nowhere near as rampant in the US as it was 10 years ago, yet it is in Korea (and with Koreans). Japan is arguably a world leader in health and doesn't advocate circumcision - Korea is only waters apart from this leading country in health yet uses US-practices that the US doesn't even use that much these days.

The cleanliness 'issue' should only an issue, if you don't know how to clean yourself.

inasero said:
the arguments go both ways...i can find some medical journal sources for you if you really want. personally, on the balance of probabilities im convinced that the snip is the way to go...

inasero said:
then again we have the question of 'informed consent', but legally a parent is supposed to look after their children's welfare until they become autonomous and/or of sound mental capacity to understand the complications of their treatment plan(s).
Yes, but how is circumcision 'looking after their child's welfare' especially when the 'cleanliness issue' is a thing of the past? Not circumcising the child would be the conservative approach since this does not involve a treatment plan(s).

inasero said:
Ethically is another issue- one might be hesitant on the basis that their children might hate them for it afterwards...but I don't think that this should be the case since the children will grow up with and hence become accustomed to it.
That's like arguing that a child grows up and then realises that his/her dad isn't really his/her dad, and will be OK with it because they're "accustomed".

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol well i always enjoy a stimulating conversation
Inasero I remember reading way back you're background is Korean, right? That's probably why you're circumcised
wrong there on two accounts:
1) I'm half Korean
2) Even if I were Korean that wouldn't have anything to do with my decision since I have heard 'evidence' (anecdotal at least) that seems to support circumcision
3) I'm not circumcised...

Now, yes it's true there is such thing as running water so UTIs shouldnt be too much of a problem...but what if i go camping for a few days or something...I mean...it's not likely to be too much of an issue, and I wouldn't allow my son to shower less occasionally on that basis...but I guess it's always good to have that peace of mind.

Not circumcising the child would be the conservative approach since this does not involve a treatment plan(s).
I'm not saying that circumcision is definitely the way to go. After all, it's a highly personal decision. How can you know for sure that not circumcising necessarily relates to less 'treatment' in the long run?

[quote[That's like arguing that a child grows up and then realises that his/her dad isn't really his/her dad, and will be OK with it because they're "accustomed".[/quote]Yes you got me there! But I still maintain that the parent should be responsible for the wellbeing of their child until s/he becomes independent and/or mentally mature.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Does having a foreskin increase the risk of urinary tract infection. How? it's just a fun piece of skin, how does it increase the risk of certain diseases?

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Matt_16 said:
If you had a baby son:

1. would you have him circumcised or not?
2. If so, why. If not why not?

Also state your age, gender, location, and if you're male whether you were circumcised or not.

BTW, my brother decided to have him done.

im female, 17,syd (not that it makes a diff)

i wouldnt have my baby son circumsized, as its not a factor in my religion
and as for the health/hygiene part of it
hasnt any1 ever heard of soap and water? personal hygiene, i mean if your going to the extremes of cutting off a babys willy for hygiene wtf is that!

yay to non circumsized
not that im going to discriminate against circumsized penis'.... SAME SHIT.. its a DICK! lol anyway

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
Does having a foreskin increase the risk of urinary tract infection. How? it's just a fun piece of skin, how does it increase the risk of certain diseases?
I don't know if its a urinary tract infection, but he had some shit wrong. Its just a simple case of - if you don't clean it, something may go wrong.

daunt

HSC
Matt_16 said:
The only function of the 4skin is to stop a guy having sex to early in life. Now that was probably needed back when we were barbarians. Also another was to protect the head from long grass etc. But these days no one walks round naked, we have evolved in terms of culture.
Where on earth did you get this info, mate?
Never before has such rubbish been spouted!

The winner of the Most Unintelligent Dodo (MUD) award: Matt_16

Take a deep bow.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
el oh el someone said penis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)