Clarify dot point (1 Viewer)

JLR

Identify causes of non-infectious disease using an example from each of the following categories...

Im unsure about how specific we need to be for this dot point, like do we have to go into cause, symptoms etc for all three or just generally explain them and then do one in detail for the gathering info dot point...

Natzd

HSC
ok well its fairly detailed..
my dot point covers the occurance, cause, symptoms, treatment and cdontrol.. here i'll show you
malignant melonoma - environmental disease
occurance - people most at risk from skin cancer are those who:
have fair skin, living in low latitude envos
freckle easily
don't protect their skin from the sun
have had intermittent, intense exposure to sunlight
have suffered multiple sunburns
spend much time in the sun

cause - caused by intense, excessive exposure to uv radiation from sunlight. uv radiation causes abnormal skin cell to develop. these divide rapidly in an uncontrolled manner and may form tumors. malignant cells may spread by metastasis to other tissues and disrupt their functioning

symptoms - grow rapidly
usually arise from a pre-existing mole, dark freckle/birth mark
discrete region of flaky skin
readily spread by metastasis
blotchy areas on skin
may form tumors
usually fatal unless detected at an early age

treatment and control (management) -
treatment: usually surgically removed and are only curable if trrerated before metastasis has occured
control: education
broad brimmed hats
sunscreen lotions
reducing exposure to sun
annual examinations

i hope that helped! good luck

JLR

But is that for the dot point on the right hand side...i know that we have to do that for one non-infectious, but do we have to do that much detail for all three areas ie. nutritional, environmental, hereditary

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
When I finished this subject last year, I had one for each type ready to use - Scurvy(nutritional), Down Syndrome(genetic) and Lead poisoning(environmental).

Natzd

HSC
oh ok sorry, yeah that's 3rd column..
for the one in the second column all u need to know is the name of each environmental, nutritional and genetic and just say like a brief cause. eg. environmental - malignant melanoma, cause: excess exposure to uv radiation

is that better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)