Clashing O-days. (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
What's the deal with different universities having their open days on the same day? (USYD/UTS, F.E)

fush

HSC
so that you can go to both usyd and uts on the same day, u wont spend more than 2-3 hours at each....

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
But doesn't it make sense to have them on different days?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I agree with Gavrillo. What if you want to go to ANU for example but were also interested in Sydney Unis? Having said this, I won't be going to any open days because I am a northcoast redneck.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
UTS is 5 mins walk from USyd. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the rest.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I fail to see why anyone would want to go to uni before they enrol. But then I fail to see why anyone would go to uni after they enrol, too. :>

NonExistant

Don't read this sentance.
HSC
fleepbasding said:
I agree with Gavrillo. What if you want to go to ANU for example but were also interested in Sydney Unis? Having said this, I won't be going to any open days because I am a northcoast redneck.
ANU is stupid, but the discussion was about UTS/U Syd.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
See, it's harder for me 'cause I'm not from Sydney. Living in Coffs Harbour and having to catch a train for 6 hours to Sydney, it's hard hopping between campuses.

But if it is, as you say, 5 mins between UTS and USyd, I should manage them okay.

NonExistant

Don't read this sentance.
HSC
Gavrillo said:
See, it's harder for me 'cause I'm not from Sydney. Living in Coffs Harbour and having to catch a train for 6 hours to Sydney, it's hard hopping between campuses.

But if it is, as you say, 5 mins between UTS and USyd, I should manage them okay.
Then why would you want to make a 6 hour train trip multiple times? And how would it make it any easier to reach the unis via public transport if they were on seperate days? This is why it's smarter to have some close unis on the same day.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
*facepalm*

I'm staying over a couple of days.
If they were a day apart, that would be tops.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the walk between teh unis is like about 10 minutes walk...the advisory day was pretty good for uts. as someone said. free drinks :D

i was dissapointed that bos wasnt there :( i want free bos stuff this year !! ^^

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW is usually a week later than USyd/UTS...and yes, you don't need one whole day at each uni...a few hours max. and if you're ultra-lazy, you can even catch a bus from UTS that takes about 45 seconds to Usyd with no traffic light stops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)