Class of '03 target UAI's (1 Viewer)

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by bobo123

hey what school do you go to? could ya gimme some tips on achieving high uais?
lol, seriously, i dont think you want to know which school i go to, it's not a selective nor private, let's just say...that i was the Dux of yr10 and yr11, but i still have huge doubts whether i can get the mark i want :(
I have heaps of study tips, really good ones, but so far i can't even carry them out, but if by any mircle that i get a UAI of 99+ this year, I will be happy to share it with you ;)

What UAI are you aiming for?

Originally posted by RedStz

lol, seriously, i dont think you want to know which school i go to, it's not a selective nor private, let's just say...that i was the Dux of yr10 and yr11, but i still have huge doubts whether i can get the mark i want :(
I have heaps of study tips, really good ones, but so far i can't even carry them out, but if by any mircle that i get a UAI of 99+ this year, I will be happy to share it with you ;)

What UAI are you aiming for?
if you've been at the top, you should be able to confidently do it again. But remember, stranger things have happened.Im a pretty reasonable student, but i never dreamed of duxing 3 subjects in year twelve- go for first place, analyse other peoples's performance and better that.

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar

if you've been at the top, you should be able to confidently do it again. But remember, stranger things have happened.Im a pretty reasonable student, but i never dreamed of duxing 3 subjects in year twelve- go for first place, analyse other peoples's performance and better that.
Does your school giving out DUX award based on per subject????? Well our school is tooo tight, they rank it based on overall performance, like who got the most dux for each subject gets the Dux, and the huge trophy can't be kept forever, it needs to be passed onto the next round of ppl >.<

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Jacko
i dunno what i need something like 91/92 for arts engineering...
if anyone knows what i really need tell me ^_^
it depends heavily on which engg major and which uni u wanna go to ... if u tell me that, i can give u a clear idea.

Does your school giving out DUX award based on per subject????? Well our school is tooo tight, they rank it based on overall performance, like who got the most dux for each subject gets the Dux, and the huge trophy can't be kept forever, it needs to be passed onto the next round of ppl >.<
oh, we just got full on real silver medals in a case for each course dux.There is also an overall dux of the school- the silver medal reads ' DUX ' for the person who tops the school-that word is magic

RedStz

True Scorpian

oh, we just got full on real silver medals in a case for each course dux.There is also an overall dux of the school- the silver medal reads ' DUX ' for the person who tops the school-that word is magic
your school must be rich!!!!! yeah DUX certainly sounds magic, especially if it is happening in a selective, but for some reason, i know heaps of people who dont know what it meant:confused:
and i heard that some school place the award based on who's the best "teacher's pet"....WT...????

your school must be rich!!!!! yeah DUX certainly sounds magic, especially if it is happening in a selective, but for some reason, i know heaps of people who dont know what it meant:confused:
and i heard that some school place the award based on who's the best "teacher's pet"....WT...????
really? so if you sleep with the teacher and get a uai of less than thirty you get dux? weird

RedStz

True Scorpian

really? so if you sleep with the teacher and get a uai of less than thirty you get dux? weird
Well i heard that it does happen in some schools, but definitly not mine!

MumboJumboNo5

Aiming for 90+, though there are a few things that make me doubt I will achieve this.

Is there hope for getting the UAI I want with me coming average in the class for most of my first round assessments? All are average xcept MathExt1 which I'm coming top.

I'm sure I can do much better, it's just that the prospects seem bleak. I do Stndrd Eng too.

Does anyone have an idea of my chances?
Would love to know, thanks.

Originally posted by MumboJumboNo5
Aiming for 90+, though there are a few things that make me doubt I will achieve this.

Is there hope for getting the UAI I want with me coming average in the class for most of my first round assessments? All are average xcept MathExt1 which I'm coming top.

I'm sure I can do much better, it's just that the prospects seem bleak. I do Stndrd Eng too.

Does anyone have an idea of my chances?
Would love to know, thanks.
there's a long way to go, most first round assessments are worth near to 10%.You still got 90% of assessments to go-if you do well in the big assessments and exams in the later months, your ranking will shoot up.Also, if you're average in a top school, you're still doing great compared to the rest of the state.The key to getting 90 is to do very well in standard english, as it scales badly and must be included in your uai- try your best, BOS ( and God) will do the rest.

MumboJumboNo5

The key to getting 90 is to do very well in standard english, as it scales badly and must be included in your uai- try your best, BOS ( and God) will do the rest.
Thanks dude. It really does wonders to hear that.

My half-yearlies are coming up the week after this week, and they are about 10 - 20% for each task, for each subject, so I'll report back what I did during that time after it's over. I would aim to get a higher position in my class - coz that would help with the UAI calulations and stuff.. my school isn't selective, but it did pretty good in last years results - about 20 people with UAIs over 90 I think - it's a relatively large school though.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
if everything goes right, comb law at USYD
OMFG 99.6, and it'll prbly go up for us as well!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Wow!! All these smart people here... :worried:

I need low 70's to get into my course, but I'd love to get as high as I can :gridnod: but I'm aiming got 75. Just to be safe :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)