Class of 2005 - Which texts do you do? (1 Viewer)

Which text do you do?

• King Lear

Votes: 96 36.6%
  • In The Skin of a Lion

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Wuthering Heights

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Cloudstreet

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Citizen Kane

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Harwood Poetry

Votes: 35 13.4%
  • Yeats Poetry

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Speeches

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • ATSIC website

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild Swans

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kbu

HSC
i'm doing Gwen Harwoods poetry - its not too horrible :D

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
My teachers chose elect for the class to do Cloudstreet - Contemporary Epic by Tim Winton. It's a brilliant book to read, but for a book to penetrate the many layers (through several readings and what not), I bloody hate it...

I haven't found many references on the internet on Cloudstreet. But I guess, Cloudstreet is just a tad easier than King Lear, because, those who are studying it, have to look at it through the change of context from the Elizabethian period to the 21st Century, whereas for those who are doing Cloudstreet only have to look at a time span of just over a decade since it is a contemporary saga.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
lala2 said:
Has anyone here actually done two Shakespeare plays for HSC? As in Module A: Hamlet and R+G are Dead, and Module B: King Lear? I feel so sorry for them.

I also pity those doing two Austen works for HSC: Module A: Emma/Clueless and Ext Eng: BBC Pride and Prejudice
im just doing king lear only one shakespeare
i dont do any austen works
im doin BNW/BR

08angel

I am doing King Lear and it is crap. Why cant they speak our lingo?????????????? Now we have an assessment and we have to read an extract and then the teacher asks us these questions about how it relates to the play.......ZZZZZZZZZZZ

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
5 Classes in our school are doing Gwen Harwood, I'm in the only class that does Yeats poetry --- its quite unpopular...no notes to scab off others, no sample essays, hardly any good critics..... :( :( :( :( :(

Wahh!!!! (Cry)

mistic

HSC
i'm doing king lear and absolutely hate it--so boring and fell asleep in class so now the exam comes and i dun know anything

mistic

HSC
i'm doing king lear and absolutely hate it--so boring and fell asleep in class so now the exam comes and i dun know anything

sam777

doing cloudstreet and loving it even though we dont get to go to sydney to see king lear like the rest of our year but much better than shakespeare

Robbo_m8

Everyone seems to be doing King Lear, but dont you need to do at least some poetry in the syllabus? What poetry are people doing in their other components?

bugs

well i like shakespeare and king lear :p - yeh i hate the essays! it wouldn't matter what text i'd still despise the work!
but king lear's great! the themes n' stuff - it's just so positivley evil! and psychological!!!! -- insight into the human condition- state of mind yeehh!
then again that's just my opinion...:(

daemonic666

whats the point of this?
HSC
Robbo_m8 said:
Everyone seems to be doing King Lear, but dont you need to do at least some poetry in the syllabus? What poetry are people doing in their other components?
were doin stryz...strzyn...srtyz...i dont remember how to spell it but he wrote the immigrant chronicles poems. were doin it for the area of study.
cloudstreets okay, but we gotta read other readings of the text and have barely gone into the actual text itself. its stupid!!!!!!!!!!! :chainsaw:

yeahwateva

HSC
for robbo_m8

Robbo_m8 said:
Yeah i guess if vry1 does Lear they'll have more essays to compare :p
We're doing a hellavalot of poetry tho!!!- in the area of study we did 5 of colerigde's poems...i didn't realise you could do poems for critical study?!!?!!

Sofie Sauniere

HSC
In The Skin Of A Lion

chamelia said:
Has anyone done, or is anyone currently doing In the Skin of a Lion. I have no idea what it is, I only know I will be doing it next term.

We just started doing In The Skin Of A Lion. I found it so difficult to read!! It was just all over the place.
Do you have MSN? We could compare notes, seeing as there's a whole two resources on BoS ^^

nwatts

HSC
Sofie Sauniere said:
We just started doing In The Skin Of A Lion. I found it so difficult to read!! It was just all over the place.
Do you have MSN? We could compare notes, seeing as there's a whole two resources on BoS ^^
Oh, such a brilliant book. One of my all-time favourites.

I'm doing Harwood, and she sucks. Crappy poet, boring poetry about boring stuff. People who are depressed produce such better material than happy clappy nuts like Gwennie.

chrissie_t

HSC
I'm doing "In the Skin of a Lion."
It's not so bad. It would be a good read if it wasn't compulsory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)