Class of 2006 (1 Viewer)

duggoh

Adam
HSC
Haha, now that all you current guys become HSC, I thought i'd start a preliminary thread for those of us about to enter year 11.

I'm scared, is anyone else?

My SC was less than stellar... I got Band Three for Science and maths, Band Four for History and English and Band Five for Geography.

But i didn't study much, but now times have changed... and im gonna be a lean, mean, studying machine =P

Next year I'm going to be going to Bradfield College, which is part of the Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE (which is a big trip, cause I live in Botany - near the airport), so if anyone else is going there, lets become friends before we start, it'll make it much easier to settle in =D

Well hope you all have a merry christmas and have a WONDERFUL new year jam packed full of the wonders which are year eleven.

And also, do you guys know what you wanna do yet once you finish uni... (I do :p Bachelor of media - writing at macquarie uni) and does anyone else have a job? (I do :p I work at Gloria Jeans)...

Haha, I'm so annoying... and this is totally corny... But let's all be friends =P

Cya All,
Adam

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Yea, same. Well, not good marks, but OK marks. Whatever. year 12 is what counts, and I've made it count so far.
^ except for the making it count part.

HSC
N/A
Hey Adam, I'm going into year 11 and was actually going to go to Bradfield, but decided in the end it was too much of a trip (I live near Penrith) I hope you like it there, I hear great things :)

I'm scared but only about my motivation in Ancient History. I wanted to do Society and Culture but it was on the Art line and I was in no way going to drop art for it... the only things left were Maths, Ancient, Chemisty, PDHPE etc.... I decided Ancient would be best for me, I just hope I put the effort in though. As for everything else- I'm so excited! Finally we can be doing subjects we actually want to be doing.... I'm really looking forward to it. I'm doing...

-Advanced English
-Studies of Religion II
-Ancient History
-Design and Technology
-Visual Arts
-Visual Design
-Photography

And yeah I know what I want to do at Uni too.... Bachelor of Art Education at the College of Fine Arts, UNSW.

Last edited:

behemuf

HSC
Hey Guys I go to Gosford High ( Latest Teacher student relationship scandal school) and i am going into year 11 too, Our school is pretty good with lines and stuff (Most subjects have atleast 2 lines, some heaps more, Chem=6, Physics=5, Business=5, legal=4 so it was easy to get the subs u want). Im doing;
#Maths Advance
#Maths 3 Unit
#Chemistry
#Legal
#Business
#D&T

So i hope this forum is good next year cus i need some help, I did alrite in the SC all 6's and 5's but im aiminghigh for the HSC(85+) which isnt that high but its decent.
So yeah
Josh

duggoh

Adam
HSC
Yeah, at Bradfield it's pretty easy 2 get a course u want as well...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
god, '06ers freaking out like we did. relax, it don't count, year 11. its year 12 that counts. i bludged through year 12, and did above average.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
hey duggoh why you wanna go to tafe, when you havent went to yr11+yr12 at school, where your friends are & a better sense of community,tafe is more of older population and for people who repeat to have a better go than before.
Eh, but everybodys different, your choice dude

HSC
N/A
Bradfield is a senior high school run by TAFE. You still do year 11 and 12 just like any other high school but there's TAFE courses you can do aswell. So you obtain your HSC and a TAFE certificate (although you don't have to do a TAFE course) all in two years.

Bradfield College

Last edited:

chelle88

HSC
Yeah..im really tripped out about being in year 11, nah my school was dodge with the lines they canceled geogrphy and they dont run modern history or itp.
Im doing
english (advanced)
english ext1
chemistry
physics
software design
and i'm doin year 12 maths

I agree that we should try and make this forum good next year cause it'll be good to benifit from it. Though I still have no idea what I want to do after my HSC.

Michelle :)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Me? Hmmm, I don't know, I haven't really had enough of a taste of what year 11 is like to judge how I'll go. I'm not sure what I want to do after school, but at present I'm taking...
* Ad + Ext English
* Ad + Ext Math
* Chemistry
* Physics
* Latin
* SoftwareDD

I did OK for School Cert; got all band 6's and averaged 94.2 or something. Still, senior years are quite different from the bludgy, blissful days of early high school.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Me? Hmmm, I don't know, I haven't really had enough of a taste of what year 11 is like to judge how I'll go. I'm not sure what I want to do after school, but at present I'm taking...
* Ad + Ext English
* Ad + Ext Math
* Chemistry
* Physics
* Latin
* SoftwareDD

I did OK for School Cert; got all band 6's and averaged 94.2 or something. Still, senior years are quite different from the bludgy, blissful days of early high school.
*laughs*
the SC doesn't count for anything
ANYTHING
Just look at me!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
chelle88 said:
and i'm doin year 12 maths
is that boasting i see? when i was in year 8 i was doing year 10 maths. but the thing is, what level is your understanding? the senior school is different. it is much more demanding than you realise. if you have been acing year 10 maths, and at least getting 99% or higher in each test, then we'll talk about the year 12 maths thing.

duggoh

Adam
HSC
No... it is near Nth Sydney Train Station, not really near the zoo at all... it's across the road from nth sydney girls high

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)