Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

melanie_o

HSC
Omg, guys, I did my 3u maths assessment and I got 30% :)/). It was perms and combs + binomial. It was entirely my fault, I HATED the topic. All of the marks I got were for binomial (since algebra>>>). I felt stupid during Perms + Combs.

Though, I've looked at the other topics in prelim and I find them interesting (I'm weak at the knees for graphing and trig). Should I drop 3u and focus on 2u (AT1 - 88% -> all wrong marks were careless errors 😭 )? I've looked at 4u for y12 and the complex number topics look interesting. If I work hard on perms + combs can I have a 3u comeback in 12? Also, does anyone have any advice for perms + combs because I legitimately feel stupid, even the supposedly 'E1 level' questions had me stressing.

melanie_o

HSC
My school uses it too! Atomi I think is good for basic level revision and repetitive practice mostly. The videos aren't too bad for a basic foundation and its good that they have a lot of topics on it but it can be quite simple at times
Atomi is the only way I learn in bio because my teacher gives presentations with a million words a slide! + They legit don't teach. The only problem I find is that the teachers on Atomi use a lot of colloquial/'slang' language which is good for understanding tricky processes/ideas but I would really like to see some synthesised definitions T^T.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Atomi is the only way I learn in bio because my teacher gives presentations with a million words a slide! + They legit don't teach. The only problem I find is that the teachers on Atomi use a lot of colloquial/'slang' language which is good for understanding tricky processes/ideas but I would really like to see some synthesised definitions T^T.
Atomi is shit for bio , don’t recommend - but if your teacher sucks, yeah that’s a you issue but like dw cause same

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Omg, guys, I did my 3u maths assessment and I got 30% :)/). It was perms and combs + binomial. It was entirely my fault, I HATED the topic. All of the marks I got were for binomial (since algebra>>>). I felt stupid during Perms + Combs.

Though, I've looked at the other topics in prelim and I find them interesting (I'm weak at the knees for graphing and trig). Should I drop 3u and focus on 2u (AT1 - 88% -> all wrong marks were careless errors 😭 )? I've looked at 4u for y12 and the complex number topics look interesting. If I work hard on perms + combs can I have a 3u comeback in 12? Also, does anyone have any advice for perms + combs because I legitimately feel stupid, even the supposedly 'E1 level' questions had me stressing.
perms and combs is very difficult

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)