Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (2 Viewers)

banigul@30

HSC
anyone have the ext 1 y11 new senior book with answers and working out? desperately need an explanation for a question 😢 please pm me!

melanie_o

HSC
Does anyone have a document with gravimetric analysis questions for Module 1 Chemistry? I have a practical task with a written section. Does anyone have any tips on how to get full marks on a prac?

melanie_o

HSC
Also, Thank you to everyone who wished me luck with my biology test!
I ATE the exam section but the prac was not IT!
Anyway, I got better than I expected + the science department made the prac section unweighted because we were given incorrect questions for it (the prac was an osmosis thing but it said it was a diffusion prac iykyk) which was good. After all, if they didn't give us unweighted prac marks no one would've gotten higher than 55% (Since there would have been 65% weighting for the prac).
I'll manifest for everyone's success.
Holidays are not far away EEEEE -> but that means only around 66% of year 11 is left :'(. But also, like 22 months of high school left like WHAT- it's getting too real.
Stay happy and drink water.

Hipeople

HSC
Does anyone have a document with gravimetric analysis questions for Module 1 Chemistry? I have a practical task with a written section. Does anyone have any tips on how to get full marks on a prac?
I have the same prac on Tuesday. How are you preparing for it? I'm just revising stuff from the textbook.

sakinluvo

HSC
I have a prac task too, ive been using the textbook questions for gravimetrics

banigul@30

HSC
what textbooks/workbooks have you guys been using for chem?

Hipeople

HSC
then no not for this one
That sounds cool. My school is so obsessed with exams and the science faculty don't even share full past papers. I have a depth study exam for bio and physics, and I'm so clueless on what to study. 😭😭😭

sakinluvo

HSC
Should I drop down to Standard English? I wanna do Architecture later on but I genuinely despise Advanced English at the moment but everyone Is telling me to keep to advanced. I'm doing my assessment at the moment and I genuinely feel like the maximum mark I would get is a C.

sorry for the rant

melanie_o

HSC
Should I drop down to Standard English? I wanna do Architecture later on but I genuinely despise Advanced English at the moment but everyone Is telling me to keep to advanced. I'm doing my assessment at the moment and I genuinely feel like the maximum mark I would get is a C.

sorry for the rant
English Advanced and Standard have the same exam requirements (Paper 1 is almost identical and Paper 2 has the same structure but different texts).
If you drop down to Standard, it will be easier but only by a trivial amount. Less than 1% of the state who take Standard manage to get into the top band 6 compared to English Advanced (which normally reaches the double digits) which may work against you considering the competition for a spot at architecture school. Also, know that your final exam mark is not your raw mark, it is adjusted in terms of performance descriptors (i.e -> they mark leniently and categorise responses into different levels of sophistication/knowledge).

This is all a bit complicated but what I am trying to say is that if you are a C-average student in English Advanced, you will probably get C's in Standard, since the requirements are more or less the same (minus the higher-order concepts of Shakespeare or Jane Austin e.c.t). You should speak to your teacher and head of department before you move down. I will say that there have been miracles (per se) in English Advanced - last year a student who got a raw mark of 67/100 (Band 3) got adjusted to an 80/100 (Band 5) since the markers understand that the underlying concepts are harder to grasp they tend to be extremely lenient during marking(check out https://rawmarks.info/english/english-advanced/).

If you are generally struggling in English Advanced, Standard is a good choice, but just note that if you trust the process and stick with Advanced (assuming you try and put in effort) You may see your C's get inflated to a high B mark by the end of year 12.
Do take my advice with a grain of salt though.
Also, SparkNotes is a lifesaver, especially for Shakespearean texts (summarises the key quotes/thems + puts the text into a more modern friendly tone).

Your teachers are more than likely willing to give you extra support since they like having students.
Anyway, you do you - it's your life after all :).
Hope this helps.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
This is all a bit complicated but what I am trying to say is that if you are a C-average student in English Advanced, you will probably get C's in Standard
yr11 i did adv i was literally failing and yr12 i was put to std and i was getting way higher so not rlly

sorry for the rant
ik ppl doing architecture now who have done std eng so its fine if u drop but personally i would stay in adv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)