• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have no problem with teh Shakespeare. It's...necessary for continuing a precedent.

Facebook = good. It's the only way I'm keeping in contact with everyone who I actually want to apart from you lot XD

HSC
XD! Well Nicholas and I think Shakespeare and Home and Away have parallels so I don't think that's healthy. :p Oh well Shakespeare still awesome to me anyway!

$50 one of you didn't accept my "MySpace from keeping in contact with friends" excuse. >P XD

(spose it's better than msn, hey?)

Mr Gumby

HSC
I can't agree with you there. Facebook does not equal good.

Shakespeare asked for it.

I did throw out my translation of Aeneid VIII, to make way for the new and improved version that will come when I get up to that book. I finished Book II before the exams, but unfortunately the unseen came from Book X. Damn, my dastardly scheme failed.

What I will burn, however, are my copies of the Journeys book, An Imaginary Life, If on a Winter's Night and The Fiftieth Gate. The Tempest I will strategically place in my cat's litter tray.

As for your solution, I think you're going to have to tell us, Steph.

Good to see Gwendoline finds this amusing.

HSC
New rule for thread, no mentionings of Mathematics allowed! XD Mentionings of burning maths papers on the other hand is definitely allowed. :p

I actually want to keep all my textbooks for some bizarre reason. My mother wants me to sell everything, but I think she fails to remember no one does Latin and Greek really and that the set texts change all the time.

I will burn copious amounts of notes and only recycle them once I get bored or feel horribly guilty.

It is against my better judgement to reveal Nicholas.

Garck. I hate preferences. I don't even know why I'm looking at them again.

Last edited:

antiphon

HSC
actually, Latin Cont. next year is doing exactly the same texts as us. same authors, same books. but they're doing Horace and Catullus in Latin Ext next year. (no Lucretius? lucky. no Cicero? poor bastards.)

naturally, I agree with Julia. Facebook = good, there's plenty of people from school I want to stay in touch with, and I wouldn't otherwise be able to.

HSC
I know they're changing Extension, but surely the Livy will change as they did the same book of Livy last year. It'll still be Vergil 8 though.

I'm bloody pissed off with next year's Latin Extension. I would have enjoyed it a lot more than bloody Lucretius and Cicero. >> << >>

*shrugs* I have means of keeping in contact with the people I want to minus Facebook. I'd much rather prefer email because you can get more out of it.

Mr Gumby

HSC
Some people would see getting out of maths at the first available opportunity as a sign of intelligence. I think for about the first time ever, only one boy in the top five in our year is doing 4u maths. Two of us aren't doing any maths.

I certainly did. Hopefully somewhere, sometime, someone will get a Weetbix box with the description of the Shield still faintly visible on one side.

Steph, you don't trust your own judgement, remember? I, on the other hand, semper rectus sum. Therefore you should tell. Speaking of preferences, did you know Latin is one of the options for 'languages spoken at home other than English'?

No Lucretius=not lucky. There's plenty of people from school I want nothing more to do with ever again.

I think it runs on three years cycles, so Livy should stay for another year. Otherwise it's Cicero speeches, though. Which would of course be infinitely better. And I don't think you would enjoy Horace more, especially if you don't like the difficult stuff (of course, Catullus is very easy). Lucretius is much better.

HSC
I personally think dropping 3u maths was the most intelligent thing I ever did. Then again even though I find 2u a bit time wasting, but at least it's better than stupid 3u.

Weetbix box shield description...um dude?

With things like this I do trust my judgement so this time, non rectus es! Plus you have said to me that you were wrong about a couple of things, recently as well! Therefore I'm going to keep refusing to talk in the hope you'll forget about it. XD

XD. Tell me about it, with the people thing!

I must be thinking of Greek then, doesn't Greek run on two year cycles? (not ext though)

*shrugs* I'd probably enjoy the content more, perhaps? Either way I think doing Catullus would out weigh what I would think of Horace.

Ask me again about Lucretius when I never have to look at the Ext Latin course EVER AGAIN! XD

antiphon

HSC
yes, well, Paul could have done quite well in 4-unit; Ronald Fung KICKS OUR BUTTS, Forgy and you are good linguists, and Dhruv's a retard, but he does 4-unit. mind you, the next bunch, ie Swainy, Eddy, me, Ronald Ho, Fergal all do it.

same books of Livy and Virgil next year.
Cicero rocks.
Lucretius is a jerk.

HSC
The no maths thing was not a reference to intelligence, it was a reference to your saying 'equals'.

So you pick and choose who you want to keep in contact with? O__o Honestly, it's not that difficult.

At any rate, I agree with Steph -- if she says it's not for sharing, it shouldn't be shared.

The upside of 3u maths is that 2u suddenly becomes so incredibly easy :D

I cannot wait til next week is over D:

Fakhri

HSC
hey,

k haven't been here for ages..sorry hasn't worked..but hey..i am back...well for a bit...or today..mmmm...
how r u guys??? Well i know you guys went ok with your exam...well the greek one so that is good...yeah!!!!! (yah!!!!)...[which ever way you spell it]

k..i have no idea what you guys are talking about...something about maths...well i hate maths...or well i used to love it cause it used to very very easy..well it used to makes sense..now i just don't like it its just annoying...too many past papers...most of which are piling up...just like everything else...

btw, facebook is good...i assume steph still hates it...steph i think you should just get it and then you will love it...plus then you can talk to me even more...more than now....but i guess we can't actual say anything considering its in the open..unless you send me a private message...just get it.....its fun...well i just like looking at pic and talking to people...

btw nicholas you seem to have enemies...or at least don't like a lot of people....considering you don't want to see some people..don't worry i don't want to see people too...well just a couple...

And yes Steph..best thing you ever did was drop 3 unit maths...well i think it was my best decision to...yeah less work...best thing...yes i am very lazy...

btw i would have loved to do catallus...i like him..well his work at least...mm...some of it...i don't know..i just don't like the ext course..although i think it has more to do with ebby..than anyone else...she really has runied lives...well mine....
btw what r u people doing with your school stuff?? I have been having a major dilemma...well you know well what do i do with all this stuff??? I mean i am going to burn it...most of it...like geog notes from yr 10...and well all thuccy and english of course..but everything else??? Yeah k...random ...i know just wondering...

oh yeah just side note...no one is every right all the time except me of course....you know about to be ruler of the world...is always right...hahah...to all of you...

i am with you ki...can not wait till next week is over...but i don't think i will be doing anything different...except maybe leaving the house...

HSC
Pfui. I wouldn't have lasted if I kept it. Not only was I too lazy to study for one unit of stuff that I reckon has no relevance to anything and plus, no offence Ki, our teacher (my ex teacher) was highly garck in my opinion. Well my term or so holiday in 2u was fun, until I realised we were starting stuff we hadn't done. That got annoying. I suppose if maths was good for anything this year it was Mrs Stocks cooking and bitching with Ash and Spud... I like maths, in exceedingly small doses and if I don't have to study.

Eww. Even Cicero can piss me off. The HSC ruins shit for you, minus maybe Homer, Wuthering Heights and V for Vendetta, maybe? (probably What's Eating Gilbert Grape? too and a couple more relateds)

See Nicholas, listen to Ki. XD
Ki, you probably know what trail of thought I was on anyway...XD *halo*

It looks rude if you block people. Actually I started doing that on MySpace, but meh. TBH I CNBF to get Facebook just like I CNBF with MySpace anymore. It's just another procrastinatory device. You people just have to learn to respond to emails more or something.

Plus the list of people I want to keep in contact with is so short I could probably manage that without the use of Facebook.

There's just something about Facebook and MySpace that's really irritating. It's probably the exploiter attention seekers.

Next week should be alright for me, thank god! Just think about it, this time next week we'll be so close to OVER! XD XD XD

HSC
Zara, why do I need another device in which to talk to you when we already send extremely long rant emails to each other already? The way I see it is for a person like me who replies to messages properly and long-windedly, the last thing I need is another means to do so. Takes up too much time when I should be studying.

You don't need to have enemies to hate people. Well don't listen to me on that one then.

Yeah it was too much effort for someone like me who doesn't really want to spend every minute of the day, well, working. Seeing as when I'm working it doesn't seem to be properly anyway, hence the whole fucked up HSC thing.

I'll either pass stuff that's worth keeping down (seeing my brother's only doing 2 subjects that I've done that's a bit gay) otherwise I will recycle or burn stuff.

anthropoestin

HSC
people, please! stop this talk of burning before it is too late. You haven't forgotten me, have you? I was hoping you might all want to give me your notes for latin :) ?? we're doing the same texts as last year (3 yr cycle) so livy 1 and virgil 8 too, should be good! looking forward to some more intense latin...except we're doing catullus and horace as part of iambic poetry which is soooo much better than lucretius. i love horace poetry, and catullus is so easy it's a joke so that is gooooood!

maths, maths, maths i hardly know what to say. My plan was that if i get above 96 for greek, i'll drop it; all 3 units. but i don't think i did that well.....so maybe i'll keep the maths (how depressing)..then again i probably should do some actual subjects in my hsc seeming as atm i am filling my studies with russian....but im going to start translating some virgil aeneid soon : nicholas, which book is best to start with? you'd know better than i...

once you've done an hsc exam, you kind of realise how it's just another exam. it takes away the nervousness and mysteria about it...i'm not sure if that's good or bad, because my motivation levels have recently dropped...hmmm

facebook = annoying. i can never keep on top of what ppl are doing, and people are always offering to fight me or play poker with me or be a vampire....blaghhhhh

btw our thread won't go anywhere because it is one thread under the big topic of LOTE. For example, in the FRENCH section under LANGUAGES there are threads there which still have ppl from 2003 chatting...i should warn you, i don't plan to be sticking to this thread for 4 years

good luck with the other exams

HSC
Mm. We have this lovely set of notes on Livy that a kindly 06er sent to us. It's full of Harry Potter references (and thus is absolutely hilarious). Want?
Justabout all my other Latin stuff is in hardcopy, and I ain't typing it up.
Let's hope you end up with a Catullus unseen then :p

I agree with the lack of motivation thing -- my beautiful study timetable is slowly dyyyyying.

XD Get rid of the applications?

...Not stick with the thread for four years?
Well, I imagine that once I've returned from India I'll have a lot of thread-catching up to do. And the conversation may well propel itself.

Steph, you always need more devices to talk to us :p
Join it tenth of November then :p

Steph, Zaz -- take what you want to burn up to Lizzie and we can barbecue it?

Too lazy to study for one unit of something that'll have no relevance? Says she with six units of dead languages?

My teacher us wonderful. Ask Iris -- she agreed with you when you dropped and now she agrees with me :D. She runs the class like we're a sports team, and it works.

You don't need to block people -- I've made myself unsearchable, so I find people and they do not find me :D. At any rate, by far the most interesting thing is the really-easy-easier-than-email-messaging thing :D

We'll be so close to OVER and we'll be at Sculptures :p. Can you def come to that, Steph, btw? And Zaz, can your mum? XD

Last edited:
HSC
I never really had notes, well I started making myself really detailed notes, but I unfortunately got really bored and caved, like with most things!

Oh yes speaking of unseens, we better get a Lucretius one otherwise I will actually cry! XD

Hmm, should read my baby summary of the Odyssey too.

ABII, don't do a Nicholas! *halo*

Maths is annoying, well probability is ANNOYING. I don't mind doing the old Catholic trials and last years HSC didn't look entirely nasty, so I'm hoping for the best. Otherwise maths is the most stupid mistake zone for me out of everything so I'm just hoping my brain is properly awake tomorrow.

Yeah my motivation has gone to hell. It seems that the bigger gap I have between exams the more to hell everything gets. >.< Plus studying is so procrastination causing it's even worse for me. Oh well thank god we're done so soon!

For some reason I can still see myself using this thread even after the HSC! It's the story of my life! :p

Oh shuddup Ki >.>
Speaking of talking, boy have I got some shit to discuss with you guys now that we're on the topic of communicating!...I'll probably send an email in a couple of hours, mebbe?

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD! Excellent Excellent plan! That'd be SO MUCH stuff though! BYE BYE GREEK ASSESSMENTS for one!

My dear, where am I going to use Circle geometry in life? Oi 6 dead languages is so relevant, well is to me anyway because of all the crossovers with modern language! More relevant than 3u Maths. >P

>.> Gee thanks bring Iris over to the dark side! At least Zara's on my side still! XD :p

Yeah, but is that public though? Baha like me making myself private on MySpace so no one could sticky beak me, like we've been doing to other people, remember? *halo* Well I'm thinking of one horrible case in particular!

Um, hopefully but I need some more details before mum's entirely happy so can you please send them on? :)

Last edited:

Mr Gumby

HSC
But Jeremy, the point is that Paul doesn't do 4u. Michael could do quite well in maths too if he put his mind to it, but he doesn't. And is Dhruv fifth? Oh well, we just won't count him then.

And Lucretius is not a retard. He is a genius. I think we can all agree that the only retard here is Thucydides.

No Steph, ABII is coming over to the light. Unless you want to start at the beginning, Alex, I'd recommend Books II (the fall of Troy) or IV (Dido and Aeneas) since they're probably the most interesting. Book II has a slightly difficult bit at the beginning with a fairly long speech, but it's more or less straightforward once you get past that. As for the notes, I'm afraid to say there aren't any. You can have my assessment essays if you like, but they might be a bit specific. Honestly, I haven't made any notes. There's the set translation, of course, but you'll be doing that in class, so you don't really need it do you?

Anyway, you can't deny us the sweet pleasure of lighting a bonfire and dancing around it while the stuff we hate most goes up in flames.

The obvious solution would have been to not do maths. And what's with this halo thing?

Fine, I'll stop asking. I have to snigger at the idea of a study timetable though. You didn't really expect it to work, did you? I gave up on those years ago. My solution now is just to spend all my time doing stuff I like and no time doing stuff I don't.

They're not enemies per se, just people I don't want to have to deal with.

Oh, nice to hear from you again Zara. You've finally decided to grace us with your presence. How have the exams been going for you, then? ready for Biology tomorrow? Actually, there wasn't much point in asking, since I won't be reading this again till after the exam. Oh well.

HSC
"Only" retard? "Here"?

Except it is working? (Oh, watch him change his tune from the last time this was mentioned). I'm just slowly getting lazier, but it still exists and I'm still sticking to it. I'm just groaning more about it than before.

Steph, when I said barbecue I actually mean barbecue, just so you know. As in, put in a barbecue.

I did nothing, she decided it for herself.

No, it's not public. You can see the name and profile picture and that's it.

Ooh, ABII, are you going to get the Frenscham books? Because if not (and if you can find a way of me getting them to you) you can have them --- assignments and grammar exercises and extra comment stuff. They're written all over though XD

antiphon

HSC
well if we give Alex our Latin translations, he won't have to do work in class all year! oh wait. neither did I, really. :D
and he is not coming over to the light. trust me, Alex, you're only just entering the darkness.
oh btw, Alex, when's the GPS season start? I'm thinking of going to school to watch a couple of basketball games. not like I'm going to have much else to do. :D

maths teaches your mind to see things in a way you can't learn from any other subject.
that is, of course, unless it causes your mind to EXPLODE.
I'm defending maths. what has the world come to. XD

Lucretius probably could have done something worthwhile with his life, had he chosen to. but nooo.

hm, all the academic stuff in my room will probably just sit there collecting dust. I can't really be bothered cleaning it out, there's way too much of it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)