Clayton Utz or Wolfram & Hart? (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I've been reading up on my Buffy lore and found out some interesting information on a fictional law firm in the Buffy series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfram_%26_Hart said:
Human resources

Wolfram & Hart is known for its unforgiving treatment of its employees. The firm conducts random sweeps of employees, using telepaths to find workers who are disloyal to the company they pledged to work for. When discovered, these individuals are often executed on the spot. [10] It has been reported that the Senior Partners have forced employees to eat their own liver if unhappy with their performance.[17] In another instance, it was reported that when several employees were sacked, actual sacks were used. They have also permitted employees to execute and replace their superiors in light of poor performance.[18]

Every 75 years, the firm conducts a review of its employees. During the Review, a Senior Partner takes corporeal form to punish employees who have shown unfavorable performance. Many employees live in fear of the Review, and in the days preceding it do whatever they can to endear themselves to the Senior Partners, including animal and human sacrifices.[2]

However, departmental heads at Wolfram & Hart can use discretion when dealing with insubordination. If a manager thinks highly enough of an employee, he or she may decide to forego punishment in favor of a second chance.[10]

Wolfram & Hart's employees often have a "perpetuity clause" in their contracts, meaning they remain with the firm even after their deaths.[2][12]

As mentioned by Harmony Kendall, there are also non-Human resources.

In 2004, after being double crossed by Angel, the firm sends the L.A. branch (along with L.A. in its entirety) to a Hell dimension.
Now, I'm wondering, would it be better to work for Clayton Utz or Wolfram and Hart? My real concern about Wolfram is that I'm not sure whether they offer superannuation, while I know that Clayton Utz is forced to included compulsory superannuation in their salary packages. Also, I like the fact that in Wolfram junior partners are accountable to clerks and other employees, and can be killed if they perform poorly.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
neo o said:
I've been reading up on my Buffy lore and found out some interesting information on a fictional law firm in the Buffy series

Now, I'm wondering, would it be better to work for Clayton Utz or Wolfram and Hart? My real concern about Wolfram is that I'm not sure whether they offer superannuation, while I know that Clayton Utz is forced to included compulsory superannuation in their salary packages. Also, I like the fact that in Wolfram junior partners are accountable to clerks and other employees, and can be killed if they perform poorly.
Hahaha i have always had it in for Clayton Utz since the McCabe saga (fueled by the sense of injustice i felt for whistleblower Jeffrey Wigand represented in The Insider). Down with British American Tobacco!

They do pay the highest starting salaries (rumoured) amongst the Big 6 though. I wonder if i'll care come clerkship application time anywho.

I say work at Wolfram Hart. :shy: Excellent homonyms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)