Cloudstreet 2005? (1 Viewer)

Jezzabelle

Anyone doing Tim Winton's Cloudstreet for 2005 HSC.
I did it this year, and it sucks cos hardly anyone else does it, so little resources, apparently (according to my teacher) it was really popular in 2001 (yeh well Mr Mundy thats cos it was a new syllabus and no one knew how crap it was yet)....

anyways if you are doing it, i've read, highlighted, written in margins and have soooooooooooooooooo much stuff on it.

so vent your frustrations here and i will try my best all year to help you guys :)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i did cloudstreet this year and i liked it
i thought it was a good book which made it easy to study for...
but yeah there are no resources what so ever for it
i got everything off my tutor
but good luck if u are doing it in 2005 :D

zasp

Do you have any nots you could send me then? It would be really helpful...especcially if you have notes on the different readings.
If so could u mail them to

zasp_luke@hotmail.com

Thx

lou2179

hi there
i am doing cloud street this year and i really like the book however finding info relevant to the readings as mentioned is near impossible... my teacher has given me a few sheets and i was wondering if you had any additional information you could send me thatd be excellent my email is weeza_is@hotmail.com thanx !!

djmattyd

HSC
I'm doing Cloudstreet too.

I went to a study day last week, and the guy totally stuffed up the lecture! I thought he was actually going to go into different readings of the text, but he didn't *cries*

Everything he said was obvious, and I am now so frustrated. I love the book, and I'm so glad I read it, but I really wish there were more resources for it. I've found one guide, but it's pretty trite.

wick3d_aussie

ahhhhh

i hate cloudstreet right now... trying to write a speech on spirituality focus question, "how can we not believe". plz i need help!!!!

scoby_2000

HSC
what are you studying about Cloudstreet? Critical analysis?

im quite happy to send anyone speechs i have written about cloudstreet, mainly dealing in values, reception, context and shiat like that....

my email is scoby_2000@hotmail.com if you would like them

they all got A's so yea :)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I do Cloudstreet. I reckon its more difficult to find readings simply because there aren't any real distinguishable theorists who have put forward there readings. What interpretations are you people focusing on (eg: postcolonial)?

I

I need a name

Yehh im doing cloudstreet now and it is kinda hard because there are no sites to help you out at all...im looking for an analysis of the book if anyone knows a site?? help a brother out here!

..:::LoZzA:::..

HSC
i did cloudstreet last year and it was a bit hard to find readings and analysis' of it. Try the notes on cloudstreet in resources on BOS they may be of some help

kemical12

HSC
yeh same here mate my question is "Take on the role of Sam in Chapter 7 when he goes into hiding" First person monologue ==== email:kemical.fbi@gmail.com

raveronhold

HSC
im so new i dont even know how to post :( im doing writing on the textual integrity of cloudstreet and ive come to a standstill.

the question im doing is " how has the textual integrity of cloudstreet increased your understanding of the ways a responder values issues raised by the compser? you should discuss and evaluate the appeal of the novel to different audiences.

ive done a whole lot of writing.. but im getting lost in the way i should structure my answer.. what is the question actually asking me to do...?

can u help me out :( xsimplysophx@gmail.com

Aimz- Lou.

Hey. I don't know if anyone has helped you, or even if I am too late, but here is a sample essay on textual integrity... I wrote this last year.

Textual integrity can be hard to grasp... basically all it is is all the elements of the text, such as character, setting, context, values, themes, etc, working together to create a cohesive text. If you remove one element, the others do not form a complete picture.

I hope that helps slightly???

lozza123

HSC
hey im doing cloudstreet this year...im findin it really difficult to understand, probably coz i really dont like it!!! if its not too much trouble would u please be able to email me everything u have on it...it would be greatly appreciated! thanks a lot!!! lauren
my email address is lozzyc@hotmail.com
thanks for ur help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)