Cloudstreet interpretation (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
My own interpretation of Cloudstreet was, initially, a family saga, but after much interpretation in class, I now view it as a multi-layered text, made up of different interwoven readings.

I'm required to use my own context throughout the speech, and I was wondering, if I write the speech and say that I have newly interpreted it as a multi-layered text, could I say that within these interwoven readings they include religion etc. and go on from there?

I'm slightly confused now, because the teachers say it is best that I have 2 readings and my own, but it seems that I only have two, i.e. my own and the interwoven readings.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Only 2 readings? I was under the impression that 3 readings is ideal, plus our own. That's what I've done in all our assessments so far, and I'm pretty sure that's the same for the rest of my class...

From the sounds of it, your "interwoven" reading sounds like your own reading. Thus, you actually only have the one reading! I think the other readings are meant to be actual critics, with quotes and stuff. Quotes will be bound to get you some marks. *hint* lol

So, perhaps (if your teacher says 2) CRITICS readings + your own?
I did this module last term, so don't remember much lol.

Hope that helps. :)

karoooh

HSC
Well, it does tell me to explain my interpretation of the text and what readings/critical material have influenced me. However, I can't seem to add in my own context to that reading... how is that even possible?

Thanks a bunch though - am beginning to see it now! :p

Last edited:

AmenoKitarou

HSC
but it isn't really a good idea to reveal any details about urself though....like sex, race etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)