Co-op scholarhip (1 Viewer)

twistedrebel

HSC
if you want a co op apply for BIT its pretty easy to get into compared to others, but its niche as fuck and sorta limiting.

laura_a

HSC
i didn't get one for acc, finance or actuarial. My lowest rank was 4th in all my subjects and my school predicted an ATAR in the 99s with a 2 page reference attached. I've had my heart set on this scholarship for 2 years and I won the UNSW School of Economics Prize Last Year

michaeljennings

HSC
i didn't get one for acc, finance or actuarial. My lowest rank was 4th in all my subjects and my school predicted an ATAR in the 99s with a 2 page reference attached. I've had my heart set on this scholarship for 2 years and I won the UNSW School of Economics Prize Last Year
Did you have lots of extra curricular stuff?

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
thats life. but dont let this pull you down.

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
i didnt get in bcuz of my past history with masturbation in public places. they said it was unruly behaviour and not befitting of a co-op scholarship student. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

riots

HSC
N/A
Yeah, didn't get one (for either civil or mechanical engineering). Pretty disappointed because I've had my eyes on this for a while and had spent a fair amount of time on my application (which I had thought was decent).

Rejection was a humbling experience, I suppose.

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
lol good thing i didnt bother applying. If a baulko student and this laura girl didnt get it i would have had no chance.

riots

HSC
N/A
lol good thing i didnt bother applying. If a baulko student and this laura girl didnt get it i would have had no chance.
Also your masturbation problem would have been a thing too, so

michaeljennings

HSC
Lots of baulko students didnt get it. This laura chick sounds pretty hardcore I cant believe she didnt get one..

fiesycal

HSC
Yeah, didn't get one (for either civil or mechanical engineering). Pretty disappointed because I've had my eyes on this for a while and had spent a fair amount of time on my application (which I had thought was decent).

Rejection was a humbling experience, I suppose.
+1 ditto

manscux

HSC
What ATAR do you expect?
Hi... i'm a year 11 studnet going to year 12 in a week and would like would also like to do actuarial studies in UNSW. Can you please tell me how you applied and what you had to do.

Thanks a million

michaeljennings

HSC
Exactly the same as me & I won the UNSW national business competition 2 years in a row. $500 each year + High distinction in economics competition $100 (in the top 10) also won 1st in economics in 2010 & 2011 at moriah & ill probably get an atar above 99. Ill also get 94 raw in mx1 found mx2 quite challenging maybe about 70% but my strengths are in finance hopefully around 94 raw in eco. I would like more transparency & reasoning

Our vice captain got an interview i reckon you need leadership position or something
Nahh dude, this guy at my school hes probs gonna get 99.9 and he is a prefect and has done a heap of extra curricular stuff didnt even get an interview. I dont know how they do it but Im extremely surprised he didnt get one so idk what they look for cos his academics and leadership stuff is amazing =/

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
Nahh dude, this guy at my school hes probs gonna get 99.9 and he is a prefect and has done a heap of extra curricular stuff didnt even get an interview. I dont know how they do it but Im extremely surprised he didnt get one so idk what they look for cos his academics and leadership stuff is amazing =/
lol who the fuck is getting these interviews? if this guy you describe is not getting it who the hell is. surely they arent looking for 99.95 + school captain + extra curricular + sport

michaeljennings

HSC
lol who the fuck is getting these interviews? if this guy you describe is not getting it who the hell is. surely they arent looking for 99.95 + school captain + extra curricular + sport
I got one for actuary =/ but I feel bad for laura and tylergold they sound like they have way better credentials than me

michaeljennings

HSC
Obviously there's a reason they ask for a photo guys.

(Also, SonofAGun, when you self-banned does it just automatically unban on the said date? Because its 1st of November and past 10pm and i'm still banned -tambam)

Last edited:

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
Obviously there's a reason they ask for a photo guys.

(Also, SonofAGun, when you self-banned does it just automatically unban on the said date? Because its 1st of November and past 10pm and i'm still banned -tambam)
yeah it should unban automatically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)