Cold War Crisis (1 Viewer)

onemoreyear

for the past two years, the Cold War question has included a "ONE crisis" part. Now, 2 years in a row is not significant to indicate a pattern, but I think if they stuck it in for a 3rd year the examiners are basically saying that a "ONE crisis" question is a permanent fixture.

What do you think? Or, what did your teachers think?

jgirl:).....

yeah, i noticed that....and i was like...maybe a crises is going to be in it every year? but did you notice how within the crisis u have 2 look at a key feature with it or sumfin, for eg. i think year 2001 was related to how it showed imperialism or sumfin along those lines, n las year was to do wid americas fear of communism... but the fact it has been in last 2 eyars also makes me wonder whether they will purposely not put one in this year, because it is "expected", and obviously they aren't aimin to hint us the topic!! but i think for sure it is important to know a crisis rly well...maybe they will also ask u 2 refer 2 more than one, after all the syllabus does say in depth one - you still have to have a general understanding of the others

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
My teacher seems to think there is a trend developing (he's set exams before but was not allowed to this year cos he was teaching it), but said to be careful because they told the exam setters this year to be 'unpredictable'. I don't think they're going to begin to get into the pattern of examining one crisis cos people will not study everything else in anticipation of the crisis study.

And you will never be asked to write down the main events of a crisis--you will always have to relate it to one of the key groups or concepts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)