Colerigde - How many poems? (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
PaleReflection said:
I was reading something about how when you take opium and go to sleep straight after, you don't remember your dreams, and that our sexually disfunctional friend Samuel must have been in a 'trance' to have imagined the world of Xanadu, making the title "A vision in a dream" inaccurate, lol.
He was sexually dysfunctional too?

Whoah, now my essay can be about drugs AND erectile problems :D

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Haha, yes apparently it was a side effect of the drug taking... I read a quote from his wife or someone about him being a horrible lover. I'm sure we can somehow relate Coleridge's imaginative journeys as being a result of his need to escape from his embarrasing problems in real life... as well as the excessive sexual imagery in Kubla Khan.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
"The ejaculating chasm in KK is a symbolic reflection of Coleridge's poor performance in bed. Coleridge creates the imaginative journey to escape this reality and create a world where he can satisfy his woman"

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Um... yeah... So I can still use just one poem right?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
"The ejaculating chasm in KK is a symbolic reflection of Coleridge's poor performance in bed. Coleridge creates the imaginative journey to escape this reality and create a world where he can satisfy his woman"
lol very good - A+ - band 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)