Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
just the numbers, you don't need 2 ref with your resume. but if you have them there's no harm in attaching them

don't go for the jacket AND pants of the suit, i think you'll find that a bit much, maybe the pants and a shirt

i think frigid maybe have actually got to myer, maybe myer has a group interview at the store and then a one on one?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Did my Induction today...took about 6.5 hrz....but results are ok...anyone failed their's? Now i just need to wait for the manager to contact me...

Carlito

HSC
Timesplitter 01 said:
They pay you on a fornightly bassis , but it might take a while to get into your bank account , Same thing happen to me
ummm coles myer pay you weekly on wednesdays

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
OK I told Myer that I would be available to work after exams finish...
My exams finish this week, but Myer haven't contacted me about starting work.
Who should I call to find out when I work?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
have you gone to a session in-store where you filled in your papers yet nancy? if you have, then you know which department you're working. ring up the switchboard (the main number of the store you're working at), tell them to put you through to personnel, then quote your name, your employee number (if you know it) and your department and they should be able to sort it out for you.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
oh right, them

cheers

EDIT: OK done... I start this saturday :/

Last edited:

Scanorama

HSC
Had my interview today at Kmart after 2 months of waiting. It was only 15 minutes long. The manager looked through my resume and made some positive comments on my references. She decribed my roles if I get hired, also the time I will need to work and stuff. It was pretty much she told me stuff rather than I told her how much I want the job. At the end she needed to fill the form faxed to her by the recruitment officer. She ticked the 'successful' box and said to me 'I can tell you right now you are successful in the interview'.

Thank god after 2 months of waiting I finally got the job. Now I will have to do 6 hours of online induction, then another 4 hours instore induction, that's ridiculous... lol

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Carlito said:
ummm coles myer pay you weekly on wednesdays
That depends on the particualr store. I know it's true for Target, but Myer pays you fortnightly ...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
joycelai87 said:
i also got asked 'give an example of a time u gave excellent customer service'
I would call that generic. You are going for a CS job, they will ask you about CS.

elfanger

I just got this email from coles myer

"Dear Edward

Thank you for your recent application with Coles Myer Limited and for your participation in our selection process.

From your application, assessment and group interview we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills and experience that makes you a suitable candidate for acceptance into the Coles Myer Talent Pool.

From this point forward we are working towards matching you to a suitable vacancy. If we do become aware of a vacancy, in most cases, the final stage of the recruitment process will be an interview directly with the relevant Manager.

Due to the volume of applications received for this program, this process may take a number of weeks however in some circumstances, where candidate preferences far outweigh the number of vacancies for a particular store, some candidates may not be selected for this next stage.

We appreciate your application and the time that you have taken to participate in our selection process and thank you for considering Coles Myer Limited as a prospective employer.

Yours sincerely,

COLES MYER RECRUITMENT"

This means i passed the group interview?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yep, someone else posted this a couple of pages back. it means you passed the group interview but because they have filled a lot of their christmas vacancies by now they may not have a spot for you in a store, but if they do theyll call you

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
since i've done the online induction online on sat, there's no answer yet...still waiting....lol~~~ anyone have any idea how long this is going to be?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
It can be a while. Call if no-one responds within a resonable time.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
sunday shifts get time and a half right?

*hopes eagerly for more money*

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
babydoll_ said:
sunday shifts get time and a half right?

*hopes eagerly for more money*
Yes. There is also overtime in some circumstances ...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I heard 250% on public holidays or other occasions, like the Xmas eve sale

I'm so glad I'm not religious right now.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
babydoll_ said:
I heard 250% on public holidays or other occasions, like the Xmas eve sale

I'm so glad I'm not religious right now.
That sounds about right.

Best day to sign up for is Australia Day, as no one will care if you celebrate it or not, but you get payed very well :D

Also, city store has positions on Boxing Day which are open to ALL Myer staff, so try and get in on that one too (although it will be chaos).

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hey I WORK at the City store, so go me!

My first shift is on Saturday... They've given me all weekend days (Friday Saturday Sunday) but I'm not complaining :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)