colesmyer reference checks (1 Viewer)

xxxdrd

HSC
colemyer have a new online reference checking. where they ask for the referees email addresses. just wondering what kind of questions could they ask. and also how is this method accurate??? like i could make up a referee and email and just answer the questions myself!!! ....could i do that ??? :D

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I guess they'd be looking for 'real' email addresses, not, like, a hotmail address?

Adrian.

HSC
glycerine said:
I guess they'd be looking for 'real' email addresses, not, like, a hotmail address?
But most ISPs allow you to create more than 1 e-mail address so you've just got to make up a boss and then make an e-mail with the same name. I wouldn't risk it though.

sarevok

HSC
i'm quite sure they call them rather than contact by email?

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
yeah i work for coles myer too and they never rang my referees, prolly cos they could tell i was brillant enough without confirmation from others....jks jks...

mt87

(((matty)))
HSC
its not a good idea 2 make up a fake referees coz they might cheek n call up ur referees people.....

SweetSeasons

HSC
whats the harm in puting a fake name n gettin ur old man 2 pretend to be the person.. u'd never get caught

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
A couple of years ago they didn't check references, but they do a reference check on everyone now. You can't proceed without it now.

Collin

HSC
N/A
A year ago before they approved my IT sales position within a Coles Myer brand, they rang up my references (both), and asked about questions regarding productivity, honesty, customer emphasis, oral skills etc.

I'm so glad CML now does reference checks with everyone. Ugh, so many incompetent people who often get positions within award-wage jobs.. theoretically this should cut these dud employments down. For the same reason, I'm also grateful for the unfair dismissal laws (subset of IR legistlation), although I think everything else about the reforms are shit.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Even with the reference checks we are still getting a lot of morons at store level.

If you are too SHY to talk to customers, fellow staff members and your bosses, DO NOT apply for a customer service position! It requires talking, and a lot of it!

j_davo24

HSC
SashatheMan said:
tyhey always do.
Not always, I checked with everyone I put down and they didn't contact them. Still got a job. I think it depends how desperately they need people, or how lazy they are at the time.

Scanorama

HSC
When i worked there last year, they didn't bother check my references. I don't think Woolies did either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)