College Square...the good, the bad and the ugly! (1 Viewer)

lilou

HSC
Hey everyone!!

I am looking for some HONEST opinions on College Square. (Student apartments affiliated with UniMelb).

I'm starting an Accounting cadetship and a BComm at UniMelb next year...and to avoid 3 hours on the train everyday, I was looking to move to Melbourne!

I really need to be in Melbourne 52 weeks of the year, not just for the academic year, so Colleges are out of the question (they are also a little more expensive than I can afford).

Has anyone lived at/ visited/known someone who lived at/ visited on open day etc College Square???

How did you find the rooms, common areas, apartment size, staff, value for money etc??

What were your general feelings???

(Also...how effective is the flatmate finder service on the College Square website?? I'll need to find a flatmate if I move to College Square...no one else from my school is going to UniMelb...)

thanx in advance!!!

FlashCE

HSC
Happy to know you're going to UniMelb next year. I most likely am too! We might bump into each other.

I don't know about the College Square. >_> I just felt like greeting my potential friends XD

lilou

HSC
FlashCE!- nice to 'meet' u..lol...what r u going to study??? are you local or are you moving to melbourne?

keep those replies about College Square coming guys!!

FlashCE

HSC
I'm from Brunei (lol Asia). I studied Year 12 in Taylors College, which is in Melbourne city center. 2007 will be my second year in Melbourne.

I plan to do Engineering-Engineering Management, which has an Engineering major and a Management minor. I'm not exactly sure which Engineering I'm taking. Most likely Mechanical, though.

You?

lilou

HSC
I'll be doing a Bachelor of Commerce...majoring in Accounting

FlashCE

HSC
Well it seems like there aren't many UniMelb students here in BoS...

I haven't received my offer yet, which comes Janurary 16th. It should be easy for me to get into UniMelb, I suppose. Do you have a 'fixed' place there?

lilou

HSC
nope..but i dont think i'll have any trouble getting in. The ENTER is normally around 95, and I got 99.35

FlashCE

HSC
Congratulations! I got 96.90 myself.

Oh well, let's see if anyone knows the answer to your question and I guess I'll see you... next year? :wave:

Last edited:

caranthir27

HSC
FlashCE said:
Well it seems like there aren't many UniMelb students here in BoS...

I haven't received my offer yet, which comes Janurary 16th. It should be easy for me to get into UniMelb, I suppose. Do you have a 'fixed' place there?
16th January? Should it not be 9th January?

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
hey lilou, you said u were going for an accounting cadetship. Is it or audit or tax at a big 4? (Just curious lol)

unimelbdental

HSC
N/A
the rooms at college square are quite nice (the studio apartments) and they are fully furnished (which is a big bonus). But i think the rates is like $1k a mth just for rent which is quite high i reckon. Look into rental properties if you are going for a cheaper option. (there are now 2 college squares, one on lygon st which is like 10min walk or a tram ride that continues down swanston st. The other one is on swanston st about 50m from the melb uni tram terminus, and only finished construction late last yr, so its quite new)

PS I'm with you there with melb uni college prices being high (its even higher than UNSW, what the? maybe its coz unimelb is so close to uni)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)