Combined Courses Enrolment Sheet (1 Viewer)

Himezaki

Teh Train Ninja!
HSC
So i was messing around with the timetable maker - then GASP, i found that my enrolment sheet doesn't tell me the courses i will be doing for commerce. I only has the 4 subjects for law i'll be doing but nothing on commerce. I called up my friend also doing com/law and he has the same thing on his enrolment sheet?

Anyone help? Thanks....stupid timetable

theoracle

Does commerce have optional courses, if so I'm guessing that, as law has compulsory courses until about third year, they may print these on the enrolment sheet, as it is already certain that you will be doing them, but as for commerce, you have to choose your options, and then add them to the enrolment sheet.

That's what I'm guessing anyway, as I'm doing Arts/Law, and my enrolment form also only had the law courses printed.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'm doing arts law and my enrolment sheet is the same. Law, you have no choice about the subjects you take, I assume that is why it is printed there. For your other subject i.e. commrce, there would be guidelines in the handbook to help you choose when and what subjects to take.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Yeah, when I enrolled on Wednesday the law people just signed my sheet, whereas the arts people asked what arts subjects I wanted, wrote them down for me, and then signed. It's just because they're not compulsory.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Man I've got major line clashes. I got a lot of problems to sort out :(

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I have a head on clash between EMET and EURO and they are both only running in first semester.... and are both compulsory...

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
At http://timetable.anu.edu.au, go to "2005 Class Timetable", then "View previously reported clashes". Check to see if your courses have been reported as a clash. If it's been reported but no action has been taken (or an "Unlikely to change..." posted), email both lecturers. If you don't know who they are, the head of department is a good second choice.

If it hasn't been reported yet, go back a page, click on "Report a Clash", fill in the form and submit it. Check back in a couple of days, and if nothing's been done, follow the above steps.

In general, first-year stuff shouldn't clash too much, but strange things happen with timetabling...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I have clashes too :p
Worst case scenario: German, Law and Politics conflict.
Best case scenario: German and Politics conflict (on Thursday at noon)

Politics loses, luckily it's taped, on the web and well come on... the required reading for the course is any of the following: The SMH, The Age, The Canberra Times, the AFR or The Australian. Considering I read the paper every day, it shouldn't be too hard to pass convincingly!

rumour

HSC
addymac said:
I have a head on clash between EMET and EURO and they are both only running in first semester.... and are both compulsory...
lol.................I'm also having problems with EMET!!!!!!!!!!!

It clashes with Math1013 :(

mm87511

HSC
i am going to enrol next tuesday which is a bit late..
anyway i am doing law/commerce, so I dont need to choose any subjects for law yet, but have to sort out some subjects for commerce rite? Can i do tat on the enrolment day cuz i am so confused here and just got bk from oversea everything is a mess..

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
mm87511 said:
i am going to enrol next tuesday which is a bit late..
anyway i am doing law/commerce, so I dont need to choose any subjects for law yet, but have to sort out some subjects for commerce rite? Can i do tat on the enrolment day cuz i am so confused here and just got bk from oversea everything is a mess..
You *can* do that. It would be nice to figure out what subjects you want to do before you head in though...and if you fire off an email to the commerce dept, they might like you a lot better. :p

(I said might...I don't really know them over in that scary corner ;))

mm87511

HSC
alphatango said:
You *can* do that. It would be nice to figure out what subjects you want to do before you head in though...and if you fire off an email to the commerce dept, they might like you a lot better. :p

(I said might...I don't really know them over in that scary corner ;))

absolutely no idea abt wat i should do for commerce..i guess there are some compulsory courses though cuz in the Faculty handbook it has Business Reporting and Analysis and Quantitative Research Methods written as the first semester course for commerce/law
anyway i MAY email the commerce dept.. :p

rumour

HSC
I tired to them yesterday & they said that I would just have to get the lecture notes off someone else:(...& also that they were not going to change anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)