Coming last in Advance English (1 Viewer)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Well, not exactly last but 13th last out of 100 people ... I was advised to drop down to standard in my report. Should I drop down?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
No don't drop.

Advanced aligns a lot better then standard.

D94

HSC
N/A
Well, not exactly last but 13th last out of 100 people ... I was advised to drop down to standard in my report. Should I drop down?
So they advised at least 87 13 people to drop to Standard? Kind of reflects poorly on the school if they have no faith in themselves to teach.

Don't drop down.

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC
So they advised at least 87 people to drop to Standard? Kind of reflects poorly on the school if they have no faith in themselves to teach.

Don't drop down.
From what I interpreted, the OP is rank 87 out of 100, so they advised at least 13 people?? not 87??

Reactions: D94

D94

HSC
N/A
From what I interpreted, the OP is rank 87 out of 100, so they advised at least 13 people?? not 87??
oh shit, haha yeah I misread. Well I still maintain what I'm saying about the school. Advanced and Standard are really not that much different in terms of what you need to produce for assessments. Unless you are literally inept, those at the lower end of Advanced will still do better than those at the lower end of Standard.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
No

Std eng is an atar killer

StudyToDeath

HSC
Do not drop, there is no way you could catch up on half a years work.
Plus last in standard is like an equivalent to first in standard.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
No, don't. Coming below average in Advanced is still a lot better than ANY rank in Standard.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
oh shit, haha yeah I misread. Well I still maintain what I'm saying about the school. Advanced and Standard are really not that much different in terms of what you need to produce for assessments. Unless you are literally inept, those at the lower end of Advanced will still do better than those at the lower end of Standard.
my new favorite word

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Actually it's better to be first in standard than to be ~last in advanced.
Well I did say "Coming below average" which I assume is where the OP is at right now :D

He's not last, he's just skewed to the lower end :)

lauraalessandra

HSC
Just try to do a different studying method and put more time and effort into advanced English.. Wait until year 12 or at least term 3 of year 11 before deciding :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sourmilk

HSC
I really recommend you not to drop down to Standard since both classes are quite similar yet in Advance you're able to regurgitate better in exams with the shit you learned.
Just curious, are you failing abysmally in Advance or are you just some what average but it's just that 87 people are doing slightly better than average?

imannnk

HSC
If you're not failing advanced then definitely don't drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)