Commerce(Actuarial)/Science(Statistics) OR Commerce(Actuarial+Finance)/Economics ?? (1 Viewer)

coeyz

HSC
Guys. I'm so stressed out atm working out what degree should i transfer into.
I'm in year2 semester1 now, doing commerce major in Actuarial & Finance.
The problem is, i just changed my major to Actuarial this year (i.e. im doing math1151 atm), and some of the actuarial courses are only offered in either semester1 or 2.
Therefore I will defer my study by a year (total 4 years). Instead of wasting time I'm considering transfer into either com/sci or com/econ which are both 4yrs degree.

If I do com/sci, can I minor in finance? as I already did 5 subjects for finance..
and is anyone doing statistics? How do you find it? Is it relevant to actuarial? and does it provide any help if i do both actuarial + statistics together? I heard my fd saying that statistics is as hard as actuarial, thats why im so worry now...

If I do com/econ.. i can continue to finish my finance major as I only need to do 2 subjects more.. and for economics major, i found that i can choose courses like financial mathematics/ financial econometrics.. that are kind of relate to maths ?

Please give any advices !!!!!!! thanks a lot!!!:confused2:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Commerce(Actuarial)/Science(Statistics) OR Commerce(Actuarial+Finance)/Economics

com/sci you can only do one comm major, look in the handbook mang

I don't know much else except that I heard Econometric and Stats are closely related.

coeyz

HSC
Re: Commerce(Actuarial)/Science(Statistics) OR Commerce(Actuarial+Finance)/Economics

yes i know.. but the finance subjects can be my 3 free options, plus I did FINS1613 in my flexible core courses, so in total 4 subjects of finance can that considered as my minor ?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

You can't do minors in comm sci but FINS1613 would count for actuary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)