commerce vs business vs economics (1 Viewer)

hk31

HSC
ok....first, what's the difference?
which course is better for what....

you see...i've always thought all three of them were very much alike...

explain please?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
commerce coz its very broad!!! it got some economics in it. While economics focus is smaller, sum uni student can help me clarify this -.- sinc eim not too sure either..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce: general degree, major/double major in anything such as Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Business Law, Business Economics, Finance, Financial Economics, Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Information Systems, International Business, Management, Marketing, Tourism and Hospitiality...

Economics: still general degree, and u can choose all the majors from commerce, except one of your majors has to either be Economics, Econometrics, Financial Economics or Economic History

Business: Same as commerce, but with different name..apparently more "hands on" and practical/applicable to modern businesses (UTS)

hk31

HSC
Yeah....commerce and business sound good
but the thing is...if i do business @ UTS....i've always heard its not as acknowledged...like compared to say if i do a commerce degree @ UNSW or USyd....
Plus the UAI cutoffs for the courses support this thinking...
am i right?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you're correct - but that's because USYD has an old name and UNSW because it is the best commerce faculty in australiasia!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Cutoffs arent really that much different...
Commerce was ~95 at UNSW, ~94 at Usyd and Business was ~93 at UTS

Lumber Joe

HSC
Commerce: general degree, major/double major in anything such as Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Business Law, Business Economics, Finance, Financial Economics, Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Information Systems, International Business, Management, Marketing, Tourism and Hospitiality...

Economics: still general degree, and u can choose all the majors from commerce, except one of your majors has to either be Economics, Econometrics, Financial Economics or Economic History

Business: Same as commerce, but with different name..apparently more "hands on" and practical/applicable to modern businesses (UTS)
Good definition. Probably the best one I have ever heard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)