Commonwealth Assistance Form Help? (1 Viewer)

fuzzy09

HSC
Okay i want to fill out the Commonwealth Assistance Form but i have no tax file number, ive applied for one but i definatley won't get it before the enrolment date...

So is it okay to enrol without filling in the Commonwealth Assistance Form?

Thanks

astroe

HSC
Best bet would be to try and explain your situation to the university. My enrollment process took place online, and I had to type in the TFN. Leaving it blank meant it wouldn't go to the next step.

shifty-Asian

HSC
I know with Macquarie that you can fill in the form without your TFN except you have to choose to pay upfront for the meantime. Then when you get your TFN you just tell them what your TFN is and then you are eligible for HECS.

"If you are required to lodge your eCaf before you have your TFN then submit your eCaf on eStudent. However you will need to select the upfront payment option on the eCaf. Please note you are not locked into paying upfront for your fees as long as you provide a TFN or a copy of the Certificate to the Student Enquiry Service by the census date at the latest. Please note you will not need to go back and change the payment option on your eCaf, as long as you have supplied your TFN by the census date or by the end of the 21 day validation period (if you have provided the Certificate by the census date). *

Once you have received your TFN contact the Commonwealth Loan Schemes Officer on +61 2 9850 6188 or 7323, email eCaf@mq.edu.au, or complete the slip available at the Student Enquiry Service counter, Level 1, Lincoln Building (C8A). Once the TFN is received you will be entitled to a HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP loan. "

eStudent eCAF FAQ

*I know for Macquarie that their census date is the 31st March.

Last edited:

0hNivlek

HSC
Some of my friends who lost their tax file number document went to the ATO early the other day to request for it again.

Our school made it compulsary for us to get our TFN's in yr 11 lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)